Looking for food grade molasses (Perth)

Sugar wash info and questions

Looking for food grade molasses (Perth)

Postby timboss » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi All

Has anyone purchased the 14KG pails of Bundaberg Molasses in Perth? One mob I tried sells it, but don't deal with the public.

I've used stock feed with good results for the most part, however looking to try the fancy stuff.

Cheers
Tim
timboss

equipment: FSD 4" Neutralizer

Re: Looking for food grade molasses (Perth)

Postby copperhead road » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:46 pm

There is a table here on the forum "molasses that works" from memory there are places and addresses but not sure if its only good quality stock feed stuff or if food grade has been added to the table of contents. I'm sure one of the rum lovers will be able to assist :handgestures-thumbupleft:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Re: Looking for food grade molasses (Perth)

Postby bluc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:53 pm

timboss wrote:Hi All

Has anyone purchased the 14KG pails of Bundaberg Molasses in Perth? One mob I tried sells it, but don't deal with the public.

I've used stock feed with good results for the most part, however looking to try the fancy stuff.

Cheers
Tim

Southern cross food supplies in melb will ship aus wde. When I got it it cost the same to ship two as it did one(or maybe not much more) either way was more economical to buy two at once. Set up an account with them then contact them for a quote and payment details. They were friendly and shipped it fast to me. Cheers hope this helps

Edit: Just found my receipt it was $35 freight for 1 drum to se qld. Was an extra $10 for a second drum. May work out even cheaper again if you buy more than two. was $20 per drum + gst. Cheers
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Return to Sugar wash's