The turbos are done

Sugar wash info and questions

Re: The turbos are done

Postby drunkmore » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:
MacStill wrote:Take your HBS dude a sample of TPW & Turbo vodka, blind taste test, ask him which one needs vodka essence :laughing-rolling:

Absolutely mate, don't filter either of them( you don't need to with a tpw anyway) and tell him to sample them ;-)

:text-+1:
Ask him to give you a turbo that smells and tastes as good as a TPW. No added clearing, no filtering, and it even smells nice while its fermenting. He won't ever be able t match it.
I asked my HBS guy and he said "but that recipe takes so long" I just laughed and said "Good things come to those who wait, besides wouldn't you rather drink this."
He just nodded shrugged hi shoulders and said " there just ant no profit in tomato paste"
drunkmore

equipment: Pda1 over a 50ltr Keg cooled via recirculated 2000 ltr water tank
Cookan with Gass

Postby stretch69 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:17 pm

WineGlass wrote:As posted

WineGlass wrote:If its too hot sometimes that stops it settling

This game is all about making beer for distillling, not drinking. I don't understand the rules of making beer, but I know they are different. Different end goal.
Sorry if I didn't read your post properly, but with that much detail in another guys thread, I was trying to keep it in context.

I've never made this and I'm still only at the planning stage for my still but can't wait to have a crack at the TPW,

With brewing beer its quite common to 'crash chill' the fermenter for a day or 3, it makes all the shit sink to the bottom and kinda stick there, it makes for a cleaner beer!

By the sounds of it you don't need to do that with distilling!
stretch69

equipment: 4" 4 plate FSD Bubbler!
50l Boiler

Postby Kimbo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:22 pm

stretch69 wrote:
WineGlass wrote:As posted

WineGlass wrote:If its too hot sometimes that stops it settling

This game is all about making beer for distillling, not drinking. I don't understand the rules of making beer, but I know they are different. Different end goal.
Sorry if I didn't read your post properly, but with that much detail in another guys thread, I was trying to keep it in context.

I've never made this and I'm still only at the planning stage for my still but can't wait to have a crack at the TPW,

With brewing beer its quite common to 'crash chill' the fermenter for a day or 3, it makes all the shit sink to the bottom and kinda stick there, it makes for a cleaner beer!

By the sounds of it you don't need to do that with distilling!

Correct, Ya dont need to chill mate. Pitch.... ferment.... distill....Simple as that ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Timmsy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 am

TPW is the way to go. I have been doing it for the last 2 years i say. Its a hell alot cheaper then turbos... And yes i occansionally use turbos if i need quick grog
Timmsy

equipment: Amateur distiller.
T500 reflux
2" pot still 1500mm high sitting on a 50ltr electric keg boiler
50ltr gatorade mash tun, 25ltr HLT

Previous

Return to Sugar wash's