Curious happenings with TPW.

Sugar wash info and questions

Re: Curious happenings with TPW.

Postby mattcoffs » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Happening to me right now, pretty much to the letter.

I just tapped out a small sample and checked it with hydrometer. Yep working. All good here! 8-)
mattcoffs

equipment: T500 boiler. 2" boka. 2" pot. 100ltr SS stockpot boiler build

Postby Oxley Moonshiner » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 pm

The only way you can fuck this up is contamination or wash too hot.

I make ours with the roughest bore water ,tons of minerals and bad tastes,and am not too fussy about quantities I put in and have never had a problem.
In a 25 l wash I put 5kg of sugar and get 2.8l of 90% and I reckon that's a good result
:obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Oxley Moonshiner

equipment: Turbo 500

Postby 1 2many » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Oxley Moonshiner wrote:The only way you can fuck this up is contamination or wash too hot.

I make ours with the roughest bore water ,tons of minerals and bad tastes,and am not too fussy about quantities I put in and have never had a problem.
In a 25 l wash I put 5kg of sugar and get 2.8l of 90% and I reckon that's a good result
:obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Hi mate how about dropping into the welcome center and introducing yourself, and tell us a little bit about yourself and where you would like to go in this hobby ;-)
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Previous

Return to Sugar wash's