UJSM spirit run. Taste like crap!

Sugar wash info and questions

Re: UJSM spirit run. Taste like crap!

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:03 am

I use a 2" pot and 3 litre an hour on mine would produce nothing but rocket fuel :puke-huge:

Ok I only use an elcheapo single burner and a 5 litre pot for the spirits run and it does takes around 2 hours to get 1.6 litre of shine then the tails arrive. Going slow and steady has always worked for me and as far as distillers privilige I just get a cap full of shine then throw it in a shot glass then add a cap full of rainwater then taste. Aint had a bad tasting UJ yet and well after 3 months on oak that 5 litres of 65% I did is ready for an xmas swill :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby MoonshineMatt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:27 am

I actually re-ran the batch a lot slower on Sunday and managed to get a couple of litres that seem a bit better. I suppose the problem I have is I don't know what it's supposed to taste like off the still after cuts. I've got my 3rd gen of BWKO on now and have moved up to a 100l fermenter so should be doing a spirit run of that in a few weeks. If this one goes belly up I might see if I can sit in one someones run (or someone sit in on mine) to get a better feel for it. I'm sure I'll get there in the end :angry-banghead:

Thanks for your help guys :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MoonshineMatt

equipment: 4" inch 4 Plate Primus glasser.
2" Copper pot still
Essencia reflux still.

Postby Urrazeb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 am

Just let me know when you run next mate I'll see if I can swing by :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Brendan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:22 am

MoonshineMatt wrote:If this one goes belly up I might see if I can sit in one someones run (or someone sit in on mine) to get a better feel for it.

Well you're in the home distilling epi-centre mate, so I'm sure there'll be a few guys who can help you out there :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby MoonshineMatt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Urrazeb wrote:Just let me know when you run next mate I'll see if I can swing by :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks Zeb, That would be awesome! ^:)^
MoonshineMatt

equipment: 4" inch 4 Plate Primus glasser.
2" Copper pot still
Essencia reflux still.

Postby Geeps » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Brendan wrote:
MoonshineMatt wrote:If this one goes belly up I might see if I can sit in one someones run (or someone sit in on mine) to get a better feel for it.

Well you're in the home distilling epi-centre mate, so I'm sure there'll be a few guys who can help you out there :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Mmmmmm swing by sit in privilege's cut might be a job in that. :-B 8-}

I'm sure the locals will step up to the plate good on ya Zep.
Geeps

equipment: Rose oil extractor

Previous

Return to Sugar wash's