all about mashing and fermenting grains

Re: WATER

Postby CyBaThUg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:40 pm

So who can test bore water to give u results for what you require
CyBaThUg

equipment: pot still

Postby EziTasting » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:11 pm

CyBaThUg wrote:So who can test bore water to give u results for what you require

Halfway thinking of grabbing one of these...

But it depends on how often you need to or want to do it...

But then I wouldn't be totally sure what would need to be tested!
I know you'd want pH, which would correlate with alkalinity (hardness) to some extent; defs chlorine and iron (neither is desirable!) but what else would be of importance???
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby Doubleuj » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:45 pm

CyBaThUg wrote:So who can test bore water to give u results for what you require

The Uni up here does it for a small cost but I'd call up a water bore mob or irrigation place and ask them about your area :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Darwin award » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Doubleuj wrote:

The Uni up here does it for a small cost but I'd call up a water bore mob or irrigation place and ask them about your area :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yup irrigation place, $77 I paid, thats about double what the test is worth...Environmental consultancies ect can recommend places too, but depending on what you want to assay for, and the lower detection level you want, it can get very expensive. Just tell them its to see if it's fit for drinking...
Darwin award
Site Donor

equipment: Reflux still 1x store bought 1x home made copper 1 x eBay pot still....1 FSD Neutralizer set up and happy in it's new home

Previous

Return to The Mash tun