Where and to buy cracked corn

all about mashing and fermenting grains

Where and to buy cracked corn

Postby Jamie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Hey I'm just wondering where to buy the cracked corn from and any recommendations on brand the produce place near me sell allora grain and milling is this going to be okay for ujssm?
Thanks
Jamie

equipment: T500 and soon have a home built 2" pelican courtesy of the awesome blokes on here ( was going to be dumb and buy the alembic lol)

Re: Where and to buy cracked corn

Postby TasSpirits » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Jamie wrote:Hey I'm just wondering where to buy the cracked corn from and any recommendations on brand the produce place near me sell allora grain and milling is this going to be okay for ujssm?
Thanks

Should be fine as long as there are no pesticides or preservatives added, I sent the local stockfeed supplier a email asking those questions and got a prompt reply :handgestures-thumbupleft:
TasSpirits

equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

Postby Jamie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:30 pm

TasSpirits wrote:
Jamie wrote:Hey I'm just wondering where to buy the cracked corn from and any recommendations on brand the produce place near me sell allora grain and milling is this going to be okay for ujssm?
Thanks

Should be fine as long as there are no pesticides or preservatives added, I sent the local stockfeed supplier a email asking those questions and got a prompt reply :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:handgestures-thumbupleft: I was gonna give them a call tomorrow make sure it was pesticide free and no preservatives , cheers mate
Jamie

equipment: T500 and soon have a home built 2" pelican courtesy of the awesome blokes on here ( was going to be dumb and buy the alembic lol)

Postby Redux » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Jamie wrote:...produce place near me sell allora grain and milling is this going to be okay for ujssm?
Thanks

i just asked when i got there.... they said no pesticides etc... it was cheap and works fine... i cant remember what brand...

:obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Last edited by Sam. on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Redux

equipment: 5 plate bubbler with 500mm packed section on a 50lt gasser keg ...
set up in a wee shed....

Postby Plumby » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:02 pm

I brought myne from a local farmer $15 for 25 kg. He grew and cracked it himself too so the money stays local. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Jamie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Plumby wrote:I brought myne from a local farmer $15 for 25 kg. He grew and cracked it himself too so the money stays local. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
yeah mate that's the go bud know your ingredients and where they come from :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Jamie

Return to The Mash tun