Grain Mill

all about mashing and fermenting grains

Re: Grain Mill

Postby Bushy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Depends what malt you r munchin mate. Hah. Have a play mate, you'll work it out :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby Frothwizard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 pm

So I was talking to my sister who is a Thermomix demonstrator and mentioned I was sick of crushing up my cornflakes by hand for my Cornflakes Whisky....she suggested dropping it inside the Thermomix for 3 seconds and seeing what happens.

Turns out it absolutely pulverises it depending on setting. You can get a decent consistency quite easily.

Worth a shot lads.
Frothwizard

equipment: - Airstill
- FSD 4" 5 Plate Bubbler w/ Packed Section
- 50L Keg Boiler w/ 2 x 2400W Weldless Elements

Postby Barridale » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I use a monster mill 2 using a motor attached via a spider coupling which runs off a 12 v power source , as per Qld Kev's website http://qldkev.net/mill_motor.php . Will do 10kg of malted barley in about 2-3 minutes.
Barridale

equipment: FSD Mac 4 SSG with 50L keg boiler

Postby baysidebogan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 am

Frothwizard wrote:So I was talking to my sister who is a Thermomix demonstrator and mentioned I was sick of crushing up my cornflakes by hand for my Cornflakes Whisky....she suggested dropping it inside the Thermomix for 3 seconds and seeing what happens.

Turns out it absolutely pulverises it depending on setting. You can get a decent consistency quite easily.

Worth a shot lads.
Another way to achieve the same result is take the bag out of the pkt,cut a small hole to let the air out and put it on the floor. Stand on it,let your body weight crush the flakes. Works for me.
baysidebogan

equipment: 2 inch JayD copper pot,50l keg 2400 mac element, and a 19lt pot still with thumper that sits on the stove in the kitchen

Previous

Return to The Mash tun