Bubble plates

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Bubble plates

Postby scythe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:04 am

A disc would work fine but if you go too big then you will partially block the column
Idealy you want to drop the condensate as far away from the downcomer as possible.
So something like woodducks design would work.
4 tubes would be enough i think.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Postby Flowerpot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Sorry, no pictures. Had it open at the top with just steam going through it, was really hard to see with my glasses fogging up nearly instantly, camera had the same problem. not that exiting to look at anyway really, just bubbles.

that downcomer looks damn spiffy. might steal that. (and a keyboard where the shift key works)

i'm nearly done collecting bits, so will start a build thread soonish. 9hopefully with a LOT better workmanship than seen in the pictures here.
Flowerpot

equipment: bokakob, Krystal the ruff"n"ready pot still/stripper

Postby ThePaterPiper » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:25 pm

I think I am going to steal your design Flowerpot. I love different concepts and out of the box thinking. Are you going to continue making them in stainless or are you going to do them in copper? I don't have the equipment to do it in stainless, so it will be copper for me.

I look forward to your build thread :handgestures-thumbupleft: :-B
ThePaterPiper

equipment: 50L Pot Still with two inch column into a 700mm Liebig. Also have a 19l thumper interchangeable into the setup.

Postby Flowerpot » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:10 pm

probably all stainless as i have lots of it. BUT I also hate working with it so will see whether my cheapness or patience runs out first. Btw I only soft solder stainless which doesn't take much equipment but can be a bit of a PITA with a bit of a steep learning curve.
Flowerpot

equipment: bokakob, Krystal the ruff"n"ready pot still/stripper

Postby ThePaterPiper » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Yeah, I haven't tried soldering stainless to stainless, but have had a real problem with copper to stainless. We are just going to go ahead and braze. Thanks for that. Will keep my eye out for the build :-B
ThePaterPiper

equipment: 50L Pot Still with two inch column into a 700mm Liebig. Also have a 19l thumper interchangeable into the setup.

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions