Does this sound about right?

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Does this sound about right?

Postby Sparrow » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 am

First up, as I understand I think it's ok although I was expecting a little more abv. Just want to run it by the old hands of the forum.

I tested my first tpw, it went in last Wednesday, it's still bubbling away but definitely seems to be slowing up, fixing doesn't sound as vigorous now.

I tested the SD and it's around .993 with around abv 7%.
I would have expected that the abv might have been a little higher seeing as I used 5kg of sugar in each 25 litre wash.

Definitely tastes like beer and I couldn't pick any sweetness so not sure how much longer they have yo go.

Does this all sound like it's going Ok?

Cheers guys
Sparrow

equipment: 4 plate bubbler on a 50l keg boiler.

Re: Does this sound about right?

Postby EziTasting » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:09 pm

sounds OK to go.

Theres no harm in leaving it to settle, in fact it'll make it even cleaner... but if you're in a rush and its your first real run, then I can see no harm in running it now.
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Re: Does this sound about right?

Postby Sparrow » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:17 pm

EziTasting wrote:sounds OK to go.

Theres no harm in leaving it to settle, in fact it'll make it even cleaner... but if you're in a rush and its your first real run, then I can see no harm in running it now.

Thanks for the heads up mate, I have two, one is set to be a sac run so I'm not too worried about the quality of that. If you think it's good to go then todays sick day could be the day!
Sparrow

equipment: 4 plate bubbler on a 50l keg boiler.

Return to Beginners Questions