Boka or Bubbler instructions

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Boka or Bubbler instructions

Postby neservice » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Good afternoon all

I am considering an upgrade shortly from my T500 to a Boka but if i can convince the misses and stretch the budget a bubbler. I have a looked high and low but cannot find any operating instructions on a Boka type still or something like a FSD NEUTRALIZER

Does anyone know if there is such a manual around, i mean i would like to see what is involved to run these unit, so i will have an idea of what is expected
neservice

equipment: Turbo 500

Re: Boka or Bubbler instructions

Postby bluc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Here is one for the bubbler http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2681 not sure about the boka I personally havn't seen one but someone else might know of a good thread to read..
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Kenster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:57 pm

ne, there is stuff around for the Boka, but it is quite simple. Heat up, let the column stack/stabilize with the fractions it makes, ie. let it reflux for round 15 to 30 mins without taking anything off, by leaving the valve shut. Also being mindfull to turn the power down a bit while stabilizing to just a slow simmer, then slowly bleed off the fores, close valve and let it relux for another while and start to take off the remainder, using the valve to monitor/control the takeoff rate. Doing cuts obviously, whether thru a parrot or whatever u use to measure the ABV. I go to around 30%. Remember not to run it flat stick as u will get a poorer result.Leave the cooling on full as it is not like the T500 which controls the thruput via the cooling, the Bok uses the valve to do so. Max cooling is good.
Kenster

equipment: Still Spirits... turbo 500...retired.(Boiler retained, added 3kw element with variable temp)
RPG...3''x1200mm LM/VM combo...400mm double wound coldie
3''x1200mm copper pot & shares leibig from combo.

Postby woodduck » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 pm

woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Return to Beginners Questions