Heating 220 liter fermenter

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Heating 220 liter fermenter

Postby markus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 am

hillzabilly wrote:I used ta think the still was at the center of stillin but have the opinion its mashing and fermenting now,and problems are more costly with the big fermenters wich should not be overlooked.cheers hillzabilly ;-)

:text-+1:
markus

equipment: 4" FSD on keg
All copper pot still

Postby bayshine » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:03 am

Hey mate an electric blanket wrapped around your fermenter hooked up to a STC controller and then some insulation or old blankets or doonas over that will work treat and is not to expensive :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby EziTasting » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 am

markus wrote:
hillzabilly wrote:I used ta think the still was at the center of stillin but have the opinion its mashing and fermenting now,and problems are more costly with the big fermenters wich should not be overlooked.cheers hillzabilly ;-)

:text-+1:

:text-+1: :text-+1:

How you create that is up to your budget and creativity. We live up north so heating isn’t our issue, cooling is.
STCs are a good and easy way to assist with temp controls, so are belts and aquarium heaters... it certainly goes to show that biggest FV aren’t the best!

The ultimate would be an insulated & temp controlled room (c’mon! I can dream, can’t I!?!?)
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby andybear » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm

:text-+1: what hillz said . Temp control of the ferment has ment I haven't lost a batch since I controlled mine and that's the last 15 washes. I was loosing about half before. If Hillz system is a bit much for you atm you can order 2 of 80 watt belts $6 ea and a thermostat controller for about $10. This all that I use with insulation blankets and I'm in Melbourne. I don't need cooling and this system wouldn't work for cooling. Good luck.
andybear

equipment: T500 has been retired and the 4" glass bubbler, has been christened. With 50 litre inverted keg, two 2400watt elements, 100mm sight glass and 100mm column connection and 1/2" drain. And all resting on a hexagonal frame with lockable castor wheels.

Postby davesims » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 am

andybear wrote::text-+1: what hillz said . Temp control of the ferment has ment I haven't lost a batch since I controlled mine and that's the last 15 washes. I was loosing about half before. If Hillz system is a bit much for you atm you can order 2 of 80 watt belts $6 ea and a thermostat controller for about $10. This all that I use with insulation blankets and I'm in Melbourne. I don't need cooling and this system wouldn't work for cooling. Good luck.

Hi what heat belts are you referring to @ $6 each?
davesims

equipment: T500 copper and the usual noobie bits and pieces

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions