Ratio of cuts in T500

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Ratio of cuts in T500

Postby Hendo 77 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Hey guys , whats a typical ratio of cuts Tpw using T500. Once the foreshots are discarded do some people collect the lot and just water it down and drink it like that. Also does everyone run it thru a filter or is this optional. I know these a basic questions and I would find the answers if I kept reading but information overload tends to creep in .So cheers if you can help
Last edited by Hendo 77 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hendo 77

equipment: 50 lt keg boiler
Reflux still

Re: Ratio of cuts in T500

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Unfortunately there is no golden ratio, I wish there was otherwise I wouldn’t have a whiskey that I went too far into tails :crying-blue:
Best to taste your cuts and learn to pick the transition between heads/hearts/tails
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby woodduck » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Try not to get too bogged down with a huge intake of info to start with. Pretty much all the info you'll need to get going will be in the newbies section (click the "are you a beginner" links in my signature below) start there and get a run or two under your belt then expand your reading from there :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Definatly do cuts, they are a must. You will enjoy the fruits of your labour so much more if you do and no filtering then either :handgestures-thumbupleft: keep all of the cuts you don't want to drink (except fores throw them) and put them in the boiler next time you do a run. So your not loosing any product just recycling.
Last edited by woodduck on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Hendo 77 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 am

perfect , great site and good people, probably the difference between having a go and to hard basket
Hendo 77

equipment: 50 lt keg boiler
Reflux still

Return to Beginners Questions