Need help running my Deneuraliser

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Need help running my Deneuraliser

Postby db1979 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Correction, 4.18 J/g.°C. Not per kg.

Drink responsibly. :teasing-tease:
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby Professor Green » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Respond drinkibly?
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby db1979 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Drinkably responding, I think.
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby Amberale » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:04 pm

DB, thanks for your informed input and kind considerations.
I think I will work towards having a reticulating circuit where my RC outflow goes into a 30litre container (with a metre of copper coil in it that the RC inflow runs through) and then goes to waste.

This should raise my coolant water temp a few degrees and give me a bit more more control.

I’m just hesitant to add another variable to my set up until I get it running smoothly.
The variation as the outflow temp rises and the inflow temp rises will be a bugger until it (hopefully) stablilises.

At the moment it is just too bloody cold to sit in the shed all day anyway.

:)
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby Ravvin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 am

Cold here too. It was 0.2 when I got in the car this morning.

I made up 2x CFW batches and set the fermenters on 2" of dense foam, then wrapped an electric blanket around them and covered the lot with a doona.
I have an indoor/outdoor thermometer so I taped the probe to the side of one fermenter. It was sitting on 32° overnight, dropping to 28° after 24hrs.
I have switched the blanket on and set it on 2, so now it seems stable at 21.5°. Both fermenters are bubbling away happily and making the back hallway smell nice. 4.5° in the hall, so the doona is doing its job.
By past experience, they should be finished by the weekend and I will remove the blankets and let it chill and clear. It may be ready for a run next Sunday, so I'll post up the results.

Greg.
Ravvin

equipment: 5 Star 4" Deneuraliser of a 50L boiler
T500 Copper

Postby Amberale » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Hey mate
I ran a Fast Vodka wash today.
Basically the standard plate method with no problems.
I went both elements until full reflux(just over an hour) then one 2400kw element in full reflux for 45 minutes.
It took me 20 minutes to adjust the RC down to output.
The outside air temp was 13degrees C.
The coolant water temp was 9 degrees.
Water flow rate was 210ml/min to acheive 2.5ltr/hr spirit output.

While I was at it I put another 50 litre of FVW on.

AA
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:44 pm

There is an old saying "If it ain"t broke don't fix it". It seems that this does not apply to me. :laughing-rolling:
Had gate valves on the 4" 4 plate bubbler. 2 x 2400 watts elements on a 50 litre milk can
I felt that I did not have a lot of control over the RC.
Decided to put on a 1/2 Needle valve and this is what I have found.
1. My pump is low pressure and it was fine on the Gate Valves.
2. Now I get less flow through the needle valve on the RC (PC is okay)
3. With the still in full refux and switching off the 2nd element and plate loaded okay.
4 Once it reaches full reflux and the needle valve flat out. I find that it does not knock back all the vapour.
5. If I use a voltage controller at 75% it stops the vapour.
5. My concern is that as the weather heats up this will get worse and not sure if I use the voltage controller at 50% is a good idea.
I either need to get a bigger LPH pump (not sure if this is an option)
Put the gate valve back on.
Just keep using the voltage controller.
Is there any other options. :D

Thoughts
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Postby RC Al » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:43 pm

I'm assuming that your running the pump to a T, gate valve on pc, needle on rc.

You can get a few more psi (flow) to the needle by restricting the gate on the pc a little, product dosent have to come out cold

You can add some more joints and run the needle in parallel with the gate
Last edited by RC Al on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby db1979 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:15 pm

RC Al wrote:You can add some more joints and run the needle in parallel with the gate

:text-+1: gate valve for summer and needle valve for winter.
db1979

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:23 pm

RC Al wrote:I'm assuming that your running the pump to a T, gate valve on pc, needle on rc.

You can get a few more psi (flow) to the needle by restricting the gate on the pc a little, product dosent have to come out cold

You can add some more joints and run the needle in parallel with the gate

:text-thankyoublue:
Yep Thats what I am doing restricting the gate V on the PC. Okay I was always making the product come out cold. So that is a option.
I have actually very carefully drill out the holes in the NV to about 8mm (was about 5mm before) so see what happens on the next run
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:25 pm

db1979 wrote:
RC Al wrote:You can add some more joints and run the needle in parallel with the gate

:text-thankyoublue: Yes could make it a click in and out. Good Point
Ned

Postby Ned » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm

db1979 wrote:

Problem solved : Plumbed a 1/2 Gate Valve and 1/2 Needle valvem with only one inlet for water to the RC
Gate Valve and Needle Valve open for Reflux.
Close Gate Vale and adjust needle valve for spirit etc.

Not sure why this file went sideways :angry-banghead: Okay straightens up when click on :))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ned on Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ned

Postby woodduck » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:10 pm

That's using the old noodle, good solve. That should work a treat :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Ned » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:50 am

woodduck wrote:That's using the old noodle, good solve. That should work a treat :handgestures-thumbupleft:

:text-thankyoublue: Yep Solved it. I did order a 1/2 3 way stainless steel ball valve on Alli Express to do the job, but could not wait for delivery. (had gate valve and a few parts anywary)
I have a 2000 litre rainwater tank and use a small 65 LPH solar hotwater pump that is connected to a tap.
I recirculate the water via the sink (which has a diverter on it) to a 200 litre barrel that has a submerable pump that pushs it back to the rainwater tank.
Works a treat.
I can actually just run the water to the RC and PC via pressure alone and as the last plate bubbles I turn on the pump to ensure full reflux.
To produce turn of the Gate Valve to the RC and slowy close the Needle Valve.

Cheers
Ned
Ned

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions