Turbo 500 as a Pot Still- having trouble

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Turbo 500 as a Pot Still- having trouble

Postby The Stig » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Oh shit , a class action that could actually take the shine away from Flight Centre :music-deathmetal:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Tesla101 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Although I've never used the SS botanicals basket in my T500, I'm a bit curious how much you put in the basket and if they were crushed or not.

From memory I think it was designed for no more than 40g of botanicals and packed fairly loosely so the vapour path isn't obstructed.
Tesla101

equipment: ......

Postby Biggles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Tesla101 wrote:Although I've never used the SS botanicals basket in my T500, I'm a bit curious how much you put in the basket and if they were crushed or not.

From memory I think it was designed for no more than 40g of botanicals and packed fairly loosely so the vapour path isn't obstructed.

I think the packet I used from memory the packet - hmm you might be on to something here - it's even possible I crushed them?? OK so maybe it was more the pilot than the plane. Great questions Tesla101!!
Anyway I'm back in business, I'll probably wait til I get my groove back before I attempt that again - but now I see the instructions clearly I'm a bit more on the - give it another go - side.
cheers
Biggles

equipment: Turbo 500
But I'm getting dubious?

Postby Tesla101 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:37 pm

No worries Biggles, it's all part of the learning process.

I didn't mean that crushing the botanicals is a bad thing, most people do. You just have to make sure there's plenty of space for the vapours to get through.

But more importantly - does it still leak from the black plastic bits when you turn it upside down and fill it with water?
Tesla101

equipment: ......

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions