Strip run output temp

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Strip run output temp

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:59 am

Hey guys doing a few stripping runs and the weather is going to be hot. I am keeping the condenser nice and cool, currently under 24 but happy if it stays under 28. The output is very warm 33 degrees, I have backed off the second element to keep out it under 30 degrees. Does it matter as much on a stripping run ?
Am I being over cautious or is it always best to have relatively cool output whether stripping or spirit runs, I am using a pot still if it makes a difference. Running everything cool until I hear otherwise
Thanks in advance
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Strip run output temp

Postby RC Al » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:59 am

I wouldnt stress it too much, as it gets hotter the more vapours it will give off and the closer you are to its flash point, but as your thinking, the abv is low, I wouldnt sweat 33 degrees, im sure mine would be around that on an average strip run and im on gas.

If you have Good ventilation and arnt sucking down cigarettes while your doing it, im sure your fine in the grand theme of things stilling.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby WhiskeySour » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:44 am

:text-+1:

I run around 35 if I'm pushing both elements to max on a strip. Any higher than 35 and I'll start winding back to maintain it. Gonna be close to 40 degrees in the shade in ADL today, too bloody hot for the shed. Might just watch the cricket instead
WhiskeySour

equipment: 50L keg boiler, 2x 2200w
2" copper pot still
CCVM head, 1m column

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:18 am

Thanks guys
Appreciate the responses
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Beginners Questions