Gentle Reminder

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Gentle Reminder

Postby Wellsy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:00 pm

This goes out to all the previous donators to the site, sometimes life gets hectic and we forget when we joined here and when our annual donation is due. Please consider renewing your donation as this site gives us all so much info.

To all the new guys welcome and please also consider donating to keep the site going. The advice on here has saved me hundreds of dollars and hours through the advice give. The small donation we all make keeps this site available to all

To all those not yet registered and peeking in for a distance. Just sign up and start your journey on this fantastic hobby. I was absolute beginner when I signed up and thanks to all those on here I have been making drinkable product from day one.

I did not realise what fun cooking could be until I started cooking spirits.

If we all give that little bit it adds up to a bigger amount.

Please consider donating to the site to keep everything as lay back as it currently is.

Thanks Andrew and five star for all you do for us.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Gentle Reminder

Postby hgwells » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Does an annual reminder get sent out?
hgwells
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
60L Milkcan Boiler
100L 5 Star Boiler
3x 2400 Elements
1x 3600 Element
Turbo-500

Postby The Stig » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:00 pm

I don’t send out because I don’t want hassle people
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:01 pm

I think that was the plan HG but life got in the way and it is always difficult asking friends for money. So I thought if we all volunteered it might make life a bit easier for young Andrew :)
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Wellsy » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:02 pm

Lol

We were typing at the same time Stig. I of course am always a bit slower lol
Wellsy

Postby NFI » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:41 pm

Maybe you could just send a "Happy Anniversary" with ballons or something.
I certainly thought it would be brought to my attention nearing that date.
I had but go check my dates in that case.

Cheers
NFI
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Mac4 SSG, 500mm copper-packed Section
50L Milkcan twin element boiler

Postby NFI » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:47 pm

Wow - miles past - I did not even notice my blue jacket disappear - I'll get on it. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
NFI
Site Donor

Postby The Stig » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:52 pm

Thanks NFI , you do look better in blue :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby The Stig » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:50 pm

NFI wrote:Maybe you could just send a "Happy Anniversary" with ballons or something.
Cheers

I just dont like holding out the hand if that makes sense.
We useed to have a "staff" member whos job was to send out reminders but hasnt logged in for ages so the hole thing is left to me now.
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby NFI » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:12 am

The Stig wrote:
NFI wrote:Maybe you could just send a "Happy Anniversary" with ballons or something.
Cheers

We useed to have a "staff" member whos job was to send out reminders but hasnt logged in for ages so the hole thing is left to me now.

I am surprised that it is not just a function of the platform to be able to send out automate messages at a pre-defined time based on membership anniversary dates. It could even start with "THIS IS AN AUTOMATED NOTIFICATION" or you could manually send one stating the same thing. Then 7 to 10 days after the anniversary date passes you could then send a "Sorry to see you go out in the cold without your blue jacket. If this was an oversite please donate now and feel the warmth of the being a blue jacket member of ADF" Some garbage like that. I am sure you can set up a user as Just "Admin at ADF". That way you are not really hassling and just informing without judgement.
NFI
Site Donor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:58 pm

NFI wrote:
The Stig wrote:
Cheers

I am surprised that it is not just a function of the platform to be able to send out automate messages at a pre-defined time based on membership anniversary dates. It could even start with "THIS IS AN AUTOMATED NOTIFICATION" or you could manually send one stating the same thing. Then 7 to 10 days after the anniversary date passes you could then send a "Sorry to see you go out in the cold without your blue jacket. If this was an oversite please donate now and feel the warmth of the being a blue jacket member of ADF" Some garbage like that. I am sure you can set up a user as Just "Admin at ADF". That way you are not really hassling and just informing without judgement.

:text-+1:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:57 pm

If only we knew someone with an IT background to help set that up for Stig :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby The Stig » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:59 pm

Wellsy wrote:If only we knew someone with an IT background to help set that up for Stig :laughing-rolling:

Funny fella :romance-kisscheek:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:47 pm

Afternoon all

As has been suggested reminder PMs have been sent and I have tasked myself to do this going forward.

Please be aware these are simply reminders, no explanation is needed. Whatever decision a member makes will be respected and that member will have nothing but the groups respect and thanks for their previous contribution
Wellsy

Postby hgwells » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Wellsy wrote:Afternoon all

As has been suggested reminder PMs have been sent and I have tasked myself to do this going forward.

Please be aware these are simply reminders, no explanation is needed. Whatever decision a member makes will be respected and that member will have nothing but the groups respect and thanks for their previous contribution

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
hgwells
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
60L Milkcan Boiler
100L 5 Star Boiler
3x 2400 Elements
1x 3600 Element
Turbo-500

Return to Beginners Questions