Best mixers for tpw

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Best mixers for tpw

Postby Dopeassmonkey » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:05 pm

Hey just wanted to know ppls favorite mixers for tomato paste wash. My favorite so far is 50/50 pine mango juice and solo or pasito
Dopeassmonkey

equipment: Turbo 500

Re: Best mixers for tpw

Postby renedox » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:08 pm

Pulpy with vodka. Hands down. Its so dangerous because it doesn't feel like drinking alcohol - even when 1/4 - 1/3 of it is vodka.

This stuff:
https://www.countdown.co.nz/shop/produc ... k-tropical

Not sure if you can get it across the ditch though because search auto corrects to "puppy":
https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/sear ... Term=pulpy

To be clear, I am not suggesting drinking tpw vodka with puppies.
renedox

equipment: Copperhead pot still

Copperhead reflux still

Air still

Postby BigRig » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:30 pm

Mine goes in to limoncello.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Bnaccas76 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:10 pm

Ive only been doing this for a few years with very little experimenting but I use TPW for everything.
Essence tequilas
vodka replacements for Espresso martinis etc etc
limoncello and other liquers
aging with Oak
...and ive been trying to do a drinkable Gin and elderflower Gin but I don't know if I will ever please the misses.
** I know TPW is not the best for everything but it is the cheapest and easiest for me

As for mixers with TPW I usually just go with bottled Lemon Lime & Bitters
Bnaccas76

equipment: Turbo 500 and a DIY version of the same thing!
DIY Filter etc. Mainly liquers and scotch for me

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:26 pm

Well if one does double distill a TPW to get a true neutral then what well call it is hearts of hearts which is ideal for doing maceration's :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So by using 40% TPW soak in what ever herbs and spices you want for that special drop then after mixing for a few days to a week run it thru a pot still to get that special drop. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Why use essences when one can make anything they want just by using the right herbs or spices. But for grain based spirits grain must be used and not by maceration.

Now lets say we want a mandarin tasting spirit soak some dried mandarin skins in some 90% to make a tincture then we add as much as we like to make the spirit but be aware a little bit of tincture does go a long way :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Return to Beginners Questions