Started fermenting again

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Started fermenting again

Postby Grip Twister » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:20 am

So I ran a wash for around 5 days, it settled, I added the TURBO CLEAR A and B. Didn't get a chance to run the still for a couple of days then the breather started bubbling again, the silly thing started fermenting again.

Waited for it to settle a bit then added another TURBO CLEAR A and B and it's firing up again.

What is going on? I've been doing this for a few years now so I know what I'm doing but never had this happen before.
Grip Twister

equipment: Turbo 500

Re: Started fermenting again

Postby BigRig » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:45 pm

You sure its fermenting again and is not the co2 escaping?
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Re: Started fermenting again

Postby Wellsy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:40 pm

:text-+1: to what big rig said.

It sounds like the clear may be creating co2 mate. I have never used the clearing agents so can’t be sure. Take a reading and if it is the same in a couple of days you know it is done.

You could even do what is old farts do and stick your finger in it and taste it. If it tastes a little bitter you know it is done, and if it is not sticky you know it is done.

Not very scientific but always reliable as if you loose 1 finger you still have a few more to choose from :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Beginners Questions