Backset question

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Backset question

Postby Twisted » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:48 pm

I have 7 litres of wash left to run out of a 16l wash, is it ok to add the new wash on top of the backset in the still and run it again?
or do I have to empty it and start from a clean boiler
Twisted

equipment: My penis is inverted and I am a childish little girl

Re: Backset question

Postby crow » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Just going on the information you provided (not much) I would have to say it would pay to empty your boiler . What is ya wash , what is the capacity of your boiler , what are you hoping to make , do you intended to reuse the backset , how clean is the backset , what sort of still are you running it through . Unless you are trying to drag a slight flavor though a reflux still I'd have to say start with a fresh wash
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Twisted » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Trying to make rum so thought the added flavour might be a good thing, wash is 1litre molasas 4kg sugar and one tin tomatoe paste.
Running a pissy little still spirits reflux still with a 15 litre boiler with ten cm of ss scrubber up the guts and two marbles for it to reflux off.
Looks to be about 3 litres of backset remaining after the first 8litre run which appears clean.

Just waiting for it too cool before I either chuck whats in in clean it and start again or just add the remaining wash to it???
Twisted

Postby Twisted » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Sorry for the not much info in the first post, I had the thought of re running it as the tails were dripping out ran in to ask then out to keep an eye on it, no rush now tho its shut off and ill let it cool while i find out what to do.
Twisted

Postby crow » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Gee sound like ya put a hell of a lot TP in than needed , well taste it if its to your taste start again fresh if you like the flavor but its a little light on dump it on ya back set . you can throw your faints in with this to if you like , its what I would do Can't be tossed saving up faints but thats me) ;-)
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Twisted » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:32 pm

i duno was a small 140 gram tin of tp

hmm faints from first run, ok, see thats why I came in and asked cause I wouldnt of thunk about it.
Twisted

Return to Beginners Questions