Who farted?

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Who farted?

Postby jasonc2861 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Did a 22 ltr wash with 4 kgs sugar,big pinch Epsom salts,bigger pinch citric acid,went for the tomato paste,,?none,,dam,,
Chucked in 100grams,lowens bakers yeast,,30 degrees,,,,man 2 days later,,it stinks like farts man!looks real cloudy and is goin good,but stinks,,,don't have no filters or nothing so hope it will come out good from the reflux after 2 weeks.should be ok do you think??? :text-lol:
jasonc2861

equipment: Extended Pure distilling reflux,110cm,,bigger is better!

Re: Who farted?

Postby crow » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:48 pm

ah no I don't think it will fully ferment out you will need some sort of nutrient in there if not TP then something else high in nitrogen , mushy peas boiled lentils or Vegemite maybe but something
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 am

Chuck some.veg stock.in it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
googe

Postby jasonc2861 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 pm

googe wrote:Chuck some.veg stock.in it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yer just chucked a can tomato paste in,nearly blew my face off when I opened it up and stired it a bit,,down to 1.010 on the fg thing.one thing I have to say is I have been brewing in 22 ltr food grade buckets and they take a couple of weeks easy.but I also use a coopers 25 ltr,the new one with the rounded bottom,and keiser collar thing(which I threw in the bin),and I swear the tpw brew out heaps quicker,!like within 6 days,wonder why?.maybe it's the rounded bottom?anyone noticed this at all? Any ideas?:handgestures-thumbupleft: :shock:
jasonc2861

equipment: Extended Pure distilling reflux,110cm,,bigger is better!

Return to Beginners Questions