agwj's T500 Topic

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: G'day all

Postby crow » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 am

agwj wrote:Your are pissing me off "DUDE",
Read and follow the thread if you have the mentality.
Ok alluding to another subject you have no expertise in
A reflux can be detuned there was not mention of a Chinese still, we all know that a pot still can do,
It is my belief that is where all t500s are now mannafactured
I won't go into quoting sayings from other people as I think for myself.
Hmm ok just seems to be some evidence to the contrary here
My interest is making good a good quality drink, I don't have to suck up to anybody here or try to make a sale.
I don't sell any fucking thing and protecting the members from information the will damage their property and put themselves at risk is not sucking up, it is what I feel as a mod I am obligated to do. If I see some twit I know is peddling wrong or dangerous information yes I will always endeavour to correct them
Can a reflux be detuned YES,
Wrong again some can be safely detuned and some can't be
probably not the best choice pot still for retaining flavour and reflux for a more neutral flavour.
You betcha its not

apology's if the quote went over your head it wasn't meant to
In my opinion those posts of yours from start to finish look very trollish, I hope you prove my suspicions wrong ;-)
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: agwj's T500 Topic

Postby dillsandwitch » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:53 am

mt t500 has a small water leak in the cooling part where the thermometer goes in. my guess is like what crow said that its due to shrinkage. i just got some thread tape and jammed it back in there. :D

But seriously its not hard to either build a pot still or get one of the ones from the co-op shop here. so much less mucking around and risk to killing your t500 and wasting all that money that you spent getting it to begin with. when im ready to move on from reflux i was going to see about getting a pot still that fits my boiler. maybe something worth looking into yourself?
dillsandwitch

equipment: T-500 :D

Re: agwj's T500 Topic

Postby invisigoth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm

i can't see what all the fuss is about leaks. don't ya just mix flour and water and slap it on the boo boos? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions