Tuaca

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Tuaca

Postby Boomgate » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Anyone have a recipy for making this? Ive never tasted it but had a request... from the description it sounds like bourbon and lemon liquor...
Boomgate

equipment: 25L Ultra Pure Reflux.

Re: Tuaca

Postby crow » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm

http:/wrong link so fucked it off/
ok some sort of fuckup with that link so here

Homemade Tuaca
1 750 ml bottle brandy
2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
Zest of 2 tangerines
Zest of 1 grapefruit
1 3 inch cinnamon stick
1/2 cup simple syrup

Pour the brandy into a clean container and add vanilla beans and zests. Let sit 1 week, then add cinnamon stick and simple syrup. After 1 more week of infusing, strain out all ingredients, reserving the vanilla beans. Drop the beans into a clean bottle, then fill with the brandy. (Note: to make simple syrup, bring equal amounts sugar and water to a boil until sugar dissolves.)

Tuaca Sidecar

2 ounces homemade Tuaca
1 ounce orange liqueur (such as cointreau or grand marnier)
Juice from 1/2 orange
Juice from 1/2 lemon

Pour Tuaca, orange liqueur and juices into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a martini glass rimmed with Orange Sugar (recipe below). Makes 1 cocktail.

Orange Sugar

Grated zest of 1 small orange
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 cup sugar

Toss the orange zest with the salt. Spread out in a thin layer on a sheet pan and allow to sit overnight or until dry. Run salt through a food processor or use a wooden spoon to crush and grind salt back to original consistency. Add the orange salt to the sugar and mix well.
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 pm

da fuk ?? :wtf:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Tuaca

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Uh hell no! It's a cognac brandy base with floral almost vanilla sweet notes. No lemon twang at all. Perhaps the citrus is an orange-y Cointreau flavour but not lemon at all.

It's fantastic alone, or for a treat put a shot in a champagne.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby crow » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:03 pm

No you can make a lemon cocktail out of it called limon tuaca
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:13 pm

just trying to think what crows link has to do with this topic :think: :wtf: :think:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby crow » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

God damn it where da fuk did that shit come from ok I'll sort it :doh:
crow

Postby MacStill » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:20 pm

crow wrote:God damn it where da fuk did that shit come from ok I'll sort it :doh:

lucky it wasnt your frap frap frap site :scared-eek:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Boomgate » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Please repost origional link :))
Boomgate

Postby Sam. » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:25 pm

I thought Tuaca tastes like apples?

Was a few years ago when I had it :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Tuaca

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm

sam_and_liv wrote:I thought Tuaca tastes like apples?

Nah no way. It's a sweet cognac liqueur.

TUACA is 100% natural, based on a 500-year-old recipe originating in the hills of Tuscany. The process begins according to tradition with the selection of the finest Italian brandy, ranging from 3 to 10 years old. It's sourced from Faenza, a small city near Bologna, known for producing brandy with a pleasing aroma, amber color and an exceptionally smooth finish. The final presentation is created as the master blender folds the Italian brandy into a blend of natural sugar and fine spirits before adding the crowning touch of soft citrus and vanilla essences.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby Boomgate » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

BackyardBrewer wrote:

TUACA is 100% natural, based on a 500-year-old recipe originating in the hills of Tuscany. The process begins according to tradition with the selection of the finest Italian brandy, ranging from 3 to 10 years old. It's sourced from Faenza, a small city near Bologna, known for producing brandy with a pleasing aroma, amber color and an exceptionally smooth finish. The final presentation is created as the master blender folds the Italian brandy into a blend of natural sugar and fine spirits before adding the crowning touch of soft citrus and vanilla essences.

thats the sales burb....
Boomgate

Postby invisigoth » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:13 pm

so... italian brandy, not cognac then...... :teasing-neener:
invisigoth

equipment: bte cm reflux head
5l pure distilling pot still
t500 boiler +extra pure distilling lid
diy phase angle controller
diy output extension tube+parrot
3 plate modular macbubbler

Tuaca

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Boomgate wrote:
BackyardBrewer wrote:

thats the sales burb....

Yes it's copied right off their site, sorry shoulda made that clear.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

Tuaca

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:09 pm

invisigoth wrote:so... italian brandy, not cognac then...... :teasing-neener:

In terms of profile it's easier to say cognac, Italian brandy sounds ummm less "classy"?
;-)
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

Postby SBB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:30 pm

crow wrote:Toss the orange zest with the salt. Spread out in a thin layer on a sheet pan and allow to sit overnight or until dry. Run salt through a food processor or use a wooden spoon to crush and grind salt back to original consistency. Add the orange salt to the sugar and mix well.

Sounds like a lot of rooting around, I think ill stick to rum n coke
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Tuaca

Postby Sam. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am

Hmmm I must be thinking of something else then
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Cane Toad » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm with you Kimbo :handgestures-thumbupleft: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Somedays I find a UJ and dry too much of an effort (-| (-|
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby crow » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Me thinks this is one of those days for ya C ups , Kimbo hasn't posted in this thread yet :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
crow

Return to Beginners Questions