from me to you

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

from me to you

Postby googe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

From a regular distiller to a new, I want you to know i understand what your going through. I started with no idea what to do, read endless pages on forums, night after night. Getting deeper and deeper into a hole couldnt get out of. So much information to take in I felt so lost!. What's a pot still?, what's a vm still?, what's a Lm still?, what's a plated column still?, what's a bubbler?, a cm is a bubbler?, wtf?. How the hell do I get pure beautiful spirit from a tub of sugar ,tomatoe paste and yeast?. Let alone the best rum to ever hit my lips. I thought I'd just distill my wash and collect it all and have piss to drink, what? , what are cuts?. Holly shit!, I've just found the holy grail of fine spirits. Wow that was easier than I thought. With the help of this site, if you want to learn, and listen, you will be making fine spirits in no time.
googe

Re: from me to you

Postby SBB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:01 pm

googe wrote:From a regular distiller to a new, I want you to know i understand what your going through. I started with no idea what to do, read endless pages on forums, night after night. Getting deeper and deeper into a hole couldnt get out of. So much information to take in I felt so lost!. What's a pot still?, what's a vm still?, what's a Lm still?, what's a plated column still?, what's a bubbler?, a cm is a bubbler?, wtf?. How the hell do I get pure beautiful spirit from a tub of sugar ,tomatoe paste and yeast?. Let alone the best rum to ever hit my lips. I thought I'd just distill my wash and collect it all and have piss to drink,

:text-+1: Google, Most of us started there I think. Its a steep learning curve in the beginning. Hard enough coming to grips with a new language in the first days without having to process some of the other information.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby emptyglass » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Please excuse Googe, sometimes he morfs into thuper Googe,
or Googe on gas.

But he's pretty right though.
emptyglass

Postby googe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Very true SBB :handgestures-thumbupleft: . What the hells thuper empty? Lol. I've been trying to.write something to help newbies but after many many many word documents I'm stuffed if I know how to word it :angry-banghead: . All I know is , I came here knowing absolutely nothing, and now 8 months later I'm running a bubbler and producing the best rum I've tasted, and many people I know have tasted.
googe

Postby emptyglass » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:18 am

You did a pretty good job mate.

Thuper is super with a lisp
emptyglass

Postby MacStill » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 am

sat waz a thooper post google, I reckon thupa downy ith in therioth trouble now :teasing-neener: :teasing-tease: :laughing-rolling: :teasing-tease: :teasing-neener:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Cane Toad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 pm

You'th goth Alvin to deal with thortly 8-} 8-} :laughing-rolling: :crying-blue:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby MacStill » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Cupcake wrote:You'th goth Alvin to deal with thortly 8-} 8-} :laughing-rolling: :crying-blue:

From this

To this

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Cane Toad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Pretty fucking much I'd say :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby googe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Your a fucken weird bunch :teasing-tease:
googe

Postby 1 2many » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:17 pm

googe wrote:From a regular distiller to a new, I want you to know i understand what your going through. I started with no idea what to do, read endless pages on forums, night after night. Getting deeper and deeper into a hole couldnt get out of. So much information to take in I felt so lost!. What's a pot still?, what's a vm still?, what's a Lm still?, what's a plated column still?, what's a bubbler?, a cm is a bubbler?, wtf?. How the hell do I get pure beautiful spirit from a tub of sugar ,tomatoe paste and yeast?. Let alone the best rum to ever hit my lips. I thought I'd just distill my wash and collect it all and have piss to drink, what? , what are cuts?. Holly shit!, I've just found the holy grail of fine spirits. Wow that was easier than I thought. With the help of this site, if you want to learn, and listen, you will be making fine spirits in no time.

Cheers googe I understand completly I am in the same boat rite know lots to take in , and the amount of time reading all the new meanings of everything is a total head fck and it gets to a point you have so much info trying to be filed in the (pickled gray mater) that you start at the begining , and have to ask questions that you know the answer to but have read the same answers by so many different people. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby googe » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 am

Glad you can relate mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
googe

Return to Beginners Questions