Bubbling out the top

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Bubbling out the top

Postby Brendan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 am

SBB wrote:Cuz small pieces of copper pipe such as very small off cuts of 1/2 inch in the boiler will do the same job and may even help with sulphide removal.

Yep, I did the same thing. Hammered cuts of pipe flat, then put random cuts in that and bent them in all different directions, so there's always pointy sharp edges sticking out. Kinda like a little ninja star thing.
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby cuz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Brendan wrote:
SBB wrote:Cuz small pieces of copper pipe such as very small off cuts of 1/2 inch in the boiler will do the same job and may even help with sulphide removal.

Yep, I did the same thing. Hammered cuts of pipe flat, then put random cuts in that and bent them in all different directions, so there's always pointy sharp edges sticking out. Kinda like a little ninja star thing.

Thanks guys.

I did mine like this:

Just cut a piece of copper pipe lenght ways and then into pieces about an inch long.
Also chipped/broke up some marbles and threw them in too. They make a nice noise in the keg
Must be working well cause I'm 2 hours into a run and no dramas yet :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
cuz

equipment: Boka noobie

Postby JayD » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:34 pm

k...dont forget the lessons you learnt from your last run, I have all the faith in the world in you, photos please..and a summation of this run compared to last... :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby cuz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 pm

JayD wrote:k...dont forget the lessons you learnt from your last run, I have all the faith in the world in you, photos please..and a summation of this run compared to last... :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yep.
Only put 25 litres of TPW in this time. For 2 reasons -A: So it won't bubble out the top and B: Cause I haven't got all day to waste.
Its much easier to keep the wash on a slow rolling boil when you can hear the pieces of pipe clinking away in there.
Also I am keeping a stillbook/diary of everything that happens during this run, same as I did last to, so I can compare later

Thanks JayD
cuz

Postby Camikaze » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Stillbook is a top idea mate. I keep an exercise book nearby whilst running the lamb cannon. Mainly for just doodling shit whilst waiting for her to boil but it does come in real handy when I fluke something and jot it down before I forget, or I need to ask the missus a question and can't hear her over the burner. :))

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby cuz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm

cuz

Postby JayD » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanx Cuz for keeping us in the loop... :handgestures-thumbupleft: ^run your curser over the picture folks and click^. if you like to watch...lol's
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions