The generosity of members

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Postby karrotbear » Sat May 04, 2013 4:00 pm

Hey All!

Just wanted to say that I am thankful for being able to be a part of this amazing forum. The generosity displayed by its members is astounding! I only hope that one day I can give back to the community.

I just scored close to 60 spirit bottles, 2 demijohns, 2 fermenters, a glass measuring tube and some oak staves! Simply amazing, thanks Jeracoo!
karrotbear

equipment: 2" VM Modular Column (some what awesomely made by me)
2" Pot Still (poorly made by me)

Re: The generosity of members

Postby JayD » Sat May 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks for your feedback, we have a great community spirit going on here... :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sat May 04, 2013 5:48 pm

It's why we love this place. Pay it forward wherever you can.
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby googe » Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 pm

That's awesome mate, good score :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Well done to the generous member/s, yep it's by far one of the best forums I've been involved in, great people.
googe

Postby Dominator » Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Yep, I can already vouch for the generosity of the members on here and I am only new. Hopefully soon I will have it all together and will post details. :D
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby Dominator » Sun May 05, 2013 8:52 am

It's funny to think such a great bunch of people are actually criminals... :laughing-rolling:
Dominator

4" Perf Plate Bubbler

Postby JayD » Sun May 05, 2013 9:05 am

Dominator wrote:It's funny to think such a great bunch of people are actually criminals... :laughing-rolling:

Technically correct but morally wrong... We do this at hobby level, we do not sell our booze. Hopefully one day we will be allowed to make our own for our own consumption. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby Dominator » Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Yeah your right JD. I think of it as illegal but like you said, technically it is.
Dominator

4" Perf Plate Bubbler

Postby crow » Sun May 05, 2013 2:04 pm

yes you don't quite see the same spirit of comunity and mateship on HD or the others for that matter. I'm not putting shit on them just their members haven't fostered that same attitude. I cannot speak highly enough of the generosity and good will of the members here. It is my opinion the attidude starts with good leadership :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby baysidebogan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Totally agree with this thread, the members here are willing to help with anything they can,be it questions or equipment. Great community.
As for what we are doing being illegal,my family is Irish/Scot, making uisce beatha (Gaeilge for Whisky,or water of life) is part of our heritage,I`m just following a family tradition :))
baysidebogan

equipment: 2 inch JayD copper pot,50l keg 2400 mac element, and a 19lt pot still with thumper that sits on the stove in the kitchen

Postby Zak Griffin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:20 am

Ones about to start a thread on exactly this...

I put a thread up the other day looking for the last few copper fittings needed for my still... JayD replied, saying he could help. I got onto him, and he has given them to me for cost price + postage.

I get a message from him this morning telling me that the bits are in their way, and he drove 100km out of his way to organise it.

The genorosity and mateship shown around here is unreal :handgestures-thumbupleft:

and thanks again Jay :clap:

EDIT: if anyone wants a copper still built, I suggest you talk to Jay... If how he treated me is anything to go by, imagine how he would treat a paying customer :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby punchy21 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:37 am

There are some very generous members here who would like nothing more than to help another member out...

I too have had a member here go out of his way help me and it makes the forum a great place to visit :handgestures-thumbupleft:
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby Frothwizard » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:45 am

Just gonna put my 2c in here.

I ordered a triclamp and a weldless element for my still the other day and completely forgot about ordering a seal for between the keg and the column.

Needless to say it was shipped before I noticed.

I sent some pics to Mac asking what seal I should use for my purposes. He recommended something and has even offered to send it to me free of charge!!

What a champion and what an embodiment of what this community is about!!

3 Cheers for all the fucking champion blokes out there who go above and beyond!! ^:)^
Frothwizard

equipment: - Airstill
- FSD 4" 5 Plate Bubbler w/ Packed Section
- 50L Keg Boiler w/ 2 x 2400W Weldless Elements

Postby MacStill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 am

Glad I could help, your seals will be posted out today :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Beginners Questions