Heating Element

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re:

Postby Linno » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 pm

[quote=Worst case, insulation melts causing a short and your circuit breaker trips..

.[/quote]

mate. I certainly wouldn't be buying anything where I even had to consider your statement above as a possible Eventuality. . What's worse is you throw it out there like its no big drama even if it did happen :shock: I am glad your element hasn't caused you any dramas. But after reading the links above you are in a 'percentage'. I have much better things to do when running my still than wonder which percentage I am in if I bought a keg king element. To save how much? No thanks.
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Re: Heating Element

Postby Nardy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 pm

MacStill wrote:
Nardy wrote:
MacStill, what brand/manufacturer are yours? Would be good to know so that prospective buyers could research opinions of previous owners.

They are FSD brand mate, and I'm not stupid enough to give my sources away ;-)

I've sold 500 units to members here without one complaint or return, and they are definitely not made in the same Chinese factory as the keg king ones that I have been offered to stock (and declined)

Might pay for you to stop making silly assumptions about my products and where they're made, well at least until you've actually tried them anyway ;-) your inuendo if taken the wrong way could be damaging to my reputation.... so if you're going to take me to task you'd best have some good ammo :handgestures-thumbupleft:

1 2 3.

Ok hang on, I think my post may have been taken out of context here. In no way was I bagging the product that you sell. I've seen no negative reports about the element you're selling, just as I haven't personally seen any of the elements I use fail. I was merely pointing out that because we know the manufacturer of the element I use, we can use the power of fhe internet to find out that others have had issues with this brand of element. I was asking for the name of the manufacturer of yours so that if we wanted to we could research yours also.

Didn't mean to upset anyone, I'm just here to read about making spirits and offer my opinion where I can.
Nardy

Postby Sam. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 pm

They are FSD Elements, different to the rest ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Re:

Postby MacStill » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Nardy wrote:
I'm not bagging these other elements, just saying that there are options (most likely made in the same chinese factory).

Forked tongue hey ;-)

Want to research my products you can read here & here

And if you want to research the keg king ones you have enough links in the thread I provided earlier.

I dont care if you buy elsewhere, just don't try suggesting my products are made in the same factory as the crap ones you use.

Perhaps for your enlightenment I'll give you a bit of background about the birth of Five Star Distilling.

I got tired of being bent over buying inferior products like keg king elements and Some other Dicks gear, so I set course for higher quality and have developed a range of gear that has yet to have complaint, perhaps if you spent a bit more time here reading and learning it would be blindingly obvious to you too.

So you hang on & think before you go gobbing off making stupid assumptions about a product you have not made yourself familiar with, and if you're happy with keg king elements that's cool, but you won't be plugging them here where they have been proven to be hazardous.... EOS! ;-)

Mac.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby karrotbear » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am

MacStill wrote:
Nardy wrote:
... Some other Dicks gear....
Mac.

I See what you Did there :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I have to agree though, MacStill's elements are top notch! And relatively cheap too! I haven't had any manufacturer's issues with them (I own, and use two)
karrotbear

equipment: 2" VM Modular Column (some what awesomely made by me)
2" Pot Still (poorly made by me)

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions