Start and finish SG

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Start and finish SG

Postby newbiboozer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 am

sam_and_liv wrote:Yeah starting to sound like a water issue.

You can get a water report from your council, does it have a heap of chlorine in it? Maybe try what BT suggests and fill up your fermenter the day before so some of the shit evaporates out.

I take it your leaving your wash to settle for a while? Sometimes that last couple of points takes a little while.

Yeah mate I am just running one now that has been a month since I put it down. I checked it before I racked it was still 1.1. I have a good water filter on the house will tap into that and still let it sit over night to.
newbiboozer

equipment: 4" modular plated column in very early stages.

Postby Sam. » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Yeah that is really sounding like water is about the only thing that isn't right there. Wonder if there is anyone else in your area that gets the same thing :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby haydent » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:57 am

Andy wrote:some start up at 1.09 others start at 1.05 its up to you. the higher you go the more alco you will make, eventually it will kill the yeast or the yeast will follow through and shart.

this made me laugh so much.

On the original topic though, Ive noticed adding the TP increases the SPG, so your sugar may be all used up but its left over TP thats giving you a higher reading...
haydent

equipment: nope, just beginning

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions