Geo-tagging - Please Read

Discuss safety issues here.

Re: Geo-tagging - Please Read

Postby YHB » Wed May 16, 2012 1:52 am

wynnum1 wrote:Can Geo -tagging be edited to a different location instead of just removing.

Yes with the correct software - try Google Picassa.

Where do you want people to go looking for your still?

Mayor's House or the Mother-in-Laws? 8-}
YHB

equipment: 2" BOK with bolted slant plates and a homemade needle valve, sitting on a wooden boiler

Postby wynnum1 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:50 am

If you need software to see Geo-tagging why is it not possible that covert tagging could be put on your phone .
wynnum1

Postby crow » Wed May 23, 2012 3:34 am

Hi admin/mods/techs Just wondering how you got on with sourcing a program for removing geo tag data .
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Kimbo » Wed May 23, 2012 10:18 am

I personally have tried numerous photos from here and elsewhere, i cant find any that show locations.(except for the Llama)
:think: :think: :think:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby YHB » Wed May 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Kimbo,

I am very pleased that you were not able to find any, that means others could not find them as well. I would be upset if you could find them.

The idea is for people not to post them, if they do then I tell them and then they can change the offending pictures so that there would be nothing to see now.

It would not be very friendly if I gave you an example and told you that "FRED"'s pictures had geotagging data attached so that you and the whole world could find out where he lived.

Just because you cannot find any does not mean that this is not a real problem, it is.

Try this link, not a llama this time but a cat in Sweden.

http://eirikso.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... g_5546.jpg

If you are interested look in Ggoogle "images" and search for "geotagged pictures" and you will see many examples. To find the location open the picture, right click and then properties. It will not work using the properties of the thumbnail picture.

Brian
YHB

equipment: 2" BOK with bolted slant plates and a homemade needle valve, sitting on a wooden boiler

Postby MacStill » Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 am

http://pixelgarde.com/ :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Brendan » Sun May 27, 2012 5:34 pm

It's not as good as using a program or whatever...but a quick and easy option if you don't have a program installed to do the job, would be to open the photo on your screen, hit "print screen" and then paste and resave into Paint. (You can cut out the rest of the screen by cutting out the picture in 5 seconds in Paint).

That way, all you have is a picture of the photo on your screen essentialy, with new coded information, and no GPS information...
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby audistiller » Mon May 28, 2012 7:22 am

Brendan wrote:hit "print screen" and then paste and resave into Paint.

For those that don't know, Print Screen lets you take a snapshot of your desktop, and paste it into Microsoft Paint like Brendan suggested, the Print Screen button is on your keyboard, labelled PrtSc, and is usually along the top of your keyboard.
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby squid » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:32 pm

The easiest way to deal with this is to just open your image in mspaint, select it with the copy tool then paste into another paint window. The exif data is not copied over.
squid

equipment: 2" 50L potstill

Previous

Return to Safety Discussion