Re: What's in an alcometer?

Postby Urrazeb » Mon May 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Sam. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :text-lol:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Zaximus » Mon May 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Sam. wrote:
Zaximus wrote:I mean, what sort of clumsy f#ck up breaks 2 of them in 1 hit. Farken ell.

From the fuckups thread

Sam. wrote:Managed to break two alcometers at the same time by smashing them into each other :crying-blue:

:laughing-rolling:

You fuckup! At least I'm not alone!!! :text-imwithstupid:
Zaximus

equipment: Pot still with a thumper

Postby kimbodious » Sat May 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Two and raise you a third! Not alcometers bur Brix spindles, same idea but different SG range. I had one in each hand returning them to the inclined rack they were stored on. Somehow dislodged another one from the rack. Made a grab for it as it fell while still having one in each hand. I actually managed to catch the third spindle but the sudden movement snapped the stems on all three spindles. The spindles only cost $100 each but certification added an extra $200 each. Had to write a very contrite apology letter to the CEO for that one! Luckily the whole episode was witnessed by my supervisor who was able to report that it was an accident and not the consequence of carelessness.
kimbodious

equipment: still.

Postby Zaximus » Sun May 10, 2015 10:11 pm

That's pretty impressive actually :clap:

I feel heaps better about myself now kimbodious thanks for that :laughing-rolling: What a ripper!
Hope you didn't get into to much strife anyway. Although where I work a fuckup like that is a carton offense, probably 2 cartons.
Zaximus

equipment: Pot still with a thumper

Previous

Return to Safety Discussion