Ultrasonic Aging

Discuss everything about oaking and aging here

Re: Ultrasonic Aging

Postby ThePaterPiper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Sweet, thanks Doc. It appears to be able to get a couple of months at least done in a couple of days from what I have read. Not sure about ten years in a week as claimed by some of the commercial companies claims.

I really must come and see your set up some time. Is Kentucky up past Tamworth? I think I have been there. Just a little cafe if memory serves. Mind you, that was some years ago!
ThePaterPiper

equipment: 50L Pot Still with two inch column into a 700mm Liebig. Also have a 19l thumper interchangeable into the setup.

Postby the Doctor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm

ThePaterPiper wrote:Sweet, thanks Doc. It appears to be able to get a couple of months at least done in a couple of days from what I have read. Not sure about ten years in a week as claimed by some of the commercial companies claims.

I really must come and see your set up some time. Is Kentucky up past Tamworth? I think I have been there. Just a little cafe if memory serves. Mind you, that was some years ago!

Yes mate Kentucky is between Tamworth and Armidale... call in if you are ever passing.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby Nino » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 pm

the Doctor wrote:
ThePaterPiper wrote:Sweet, thanks Doc. It appears to be able to get a couple of months at least done in a couple of days from what I have read. Not sure about ten years in a week as claimed by some of the commercial companies claims.

Yes mate Kentucky is between Tamworth and Armidale... call in if you are ever passing.
Doc

Should be up your way next October, I hope to call in on my way to Port Macquarrie. :)
Nino

equipment: Black Mangus reflux still and 30lt boiler. 4" Modular pot still from FSD. Now a 50lt keg boiler with 2 2400 watt heating elements and a controller. 5 plate bubbler with a 500mm packed section

Postby twojaythomo » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:24 am

This thread has died off but I was wondering if this type of conditioning spirits as worked or not. Did anyone have any long term success with it.
twojaythomo

equipment: 4" Bubbler, keg boiler with 2 elements and voltage regulator.

Postby RC Al » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:10 pm

Everyone Ive talked to says that it will age short term drinking stock nicely, but you wont pick a difference at 6 months if you put it in a barrel afterwards
(vs just a barrel for 6 months)
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby twojaythomo » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:52 pm

RC Al wrote:Everyone Ive talked to says that it will age short term drinking stock nicely, but you wont pick a difference at 6 months if you put it in a barrel afterwards
(vs just a barrel for 6 months)

Sounds like a good idea anyway, plenty of times I have run out and just done a run and especially with rum it needs some time on oak or it's pretty rugged I find.

Do you know if there's any issues with having it straight in the tub and not in a glass jar, I have just ordered a 10L one and it will strictly be for spirits.
twojaythomo

equipment: 4" Bubbler, keg boiler with 2 elements and voltage regulator.

Postby RC Al » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:09 pm

Personally id have too many other uses for it not to use a pyrex vessel, cleaning and uncertainties with the seals come to mind too.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Previous

Return to Oaking and Aging