American Oak Dominoes

Discuss everything about oaking and aging here

American Oak Dominoes

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am

G'day Guy's,
As shown in my thread in the Dunderpit I have some of these American Oak dominoes, I did formally ask the Admin/mod team if my plan to send out samples to members would be within the guidelines and it has been approved.

I have made up some packs using 10 dominoes with an average weight of 160 grams, now depending on the interest the pack may have to become less so more members can sample these dominoes.

For the members that have PM'd me the packs will be sent in the mail today and for the WA guy's I'm sending a box over to Urrazeb who is willing to hand them out to the guys over there.

In the next week I hope to go to the company that makes these and try to get some details about them but for now I do think it's best for guy's to try them out first and get some feedback so everyone knows what to expect if we do go to a group buy.

Now these dominoes are fully roasted right thru and I found for a 2 litre bottle just one domino cut in 1/2 does the trick and after a few weeks the stuff just tastes awesum.

Regards Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: American Oak Dominoes

Postby MoonshineMatt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Hi Bryan,

I'd love to give some a go as I'm looking at buying a heap of dominoes soon. I'm in WA so hopefully I can get a couple of Urrazeb.

Thanks for your effort and generosity mate.

Matt
MoonshineMatt

equipment: 4" inch 4 Plate Primus glasser.
2" Copper pot still
Essencia reflux still.

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:04 pm

I'd like to grab some too!
Ryan

equipment: 2" Pot Still

Postby Urrazeb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm

Any WA guys are welcome to a pack of these from me on a first come first served basis.

I am in the eastern suburbs but due to the nature of this I'd prefer to drop them somewhere close by or meet at the pub :obscene-drinkingchug: as I don't want to give my address out to every man and his dog and a bunch of randoms all rocking up to collect free stuff.

Long time respected members of the fourm of course are a different story and those I've met are welcome around :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Kimbo and Mac I'll put some aside for you :handgestures-thumbupleft:

PM if interested
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby MacStill » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Urrazeb wrote:
Mac I'll put some aside for you :handgestures-thumbupleft:

No need mate, I've got about 10kg american & 10kg french dominoes from Suber Lefort :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Urrazeb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Yeah I've still got a fair few kgs of that stuff too. Keen to see if these are the "best in the world" though
Urrazeb

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:34 pm

MacStill wrote:
Urrazeb wrote:

No need mate, I've got about 10kg american & 10kg french dominoes from Suber Lefort :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Well I'll be flucked, just had a look at that link and then rang my mate to ask him about the company and it is the bloody same one so in a nut shell thats where these chips came from.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Geeps » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Bryan1 wrote:
MacStill wrote:
Urrazeb wrote:

Well I'll be flucked, just had a look at that link and then rang my mate to ask him about the company and it is the bloody same one so in a nut shell thats where these chips came from.

Someone say free Suber Lefort dominoes? :o
Geeps

equipment: Rose oil extractor

Postby MacStill » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Bryan1 wrote:
MacStill wrote:
Urrazeb wrote:

Check these links out Bryan1 ;-)

http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4897

http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5593#p94091

http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4858

If you're going to do a group buy of dominoes these are some pretty good examples of how the previous ones went, and a heap of other good group buys in this section too

http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewforum.php?f=33

Have fun :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks for those links Mac :handgestures-thumbupleft: Now it will be interesting to see if those chips I sent are the same as the ones done on previous group buys. As the last one wasn't that long ago I would suppose pretty well everyone would have a heap still left.

If there is enough interest then it will be easy for to go for a drive and pickup the amount we need as the place is just up the road and follow the previous group buys with the new pricing for express bags.

Cheers Bryan

P.S. atleast a few of those sent today were to new members
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:32 pm

G'day Guy's,
I've cleared with the management so this offer of the packs is still on but due to the cost of postage which I found to be for sending in 4 different states is $7.20 each. So any members wanting samples ( that don't have from the group buy's) are welcome to a pack to try these dominoes out. My details can given out in P.M so it can stay private and I reckon I could do about 15 more packs so first in best dressed guys.....
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Hava » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Invest in some gloves :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

8-} 8-} 8-}
Hava

equipment: Once you've run a FSD there is no going back!!!

Postby MacStill » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Hava wrote:Invest in some gloves :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

8-} 8-} 8-}

are you still pulling out splinters ? :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Hava » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Had one under my finger nail that only just grew out :crying-blue:
Hava

equipment: Once you've run a FSD there is no going back!!!

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Hava wrote:Invest in some gloves :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

8-} 8-} 8-}

well aint the ol' quote 'go pull ya finger out and give ya thumb a go'...........
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Any Perth/WA based members are welcome to PM me if they want a handful of these as they have arrived in the post today. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

And they look the goods
dominoes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Urrazeb

Postby 1 2many » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Am I seeing a lot of end grain there? Completely different cut to the group buy dominoes :-B
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Holy crap never even noticed. Yes they're all mill ends.

I'm gonna have some in some rum this weekend, I have never used end grain heavy oak, see if the great myth is true or not if at least for my own satisfaction
Urrazeb

Return to Oaking and Aging