Jamaican Dark Rum - OzBrew Oak Sacks

All flavoring discussions go here.

Jamaican Dark Rum - OzBrew Oak Sacks

Postby Heffers » Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm

G'day Guys,

If anyone is looking for a nice Jamican Dark Rum, OzBrew (Darwin) do a terrific little flavoured oak sack that I really enjoy. It makes a fairly sweet, very aromatic rum that is good with cola, lemonade, ginger beer, ginger ale, soda with a twist of lime or pretty much any mixer. It is a very mellow rum without any bitey aftertaste (a downside sometimes) and although I haven't done so yet I think that it would be pretty good in dark rum based cocktails.

Each oak sack is supposed to flavour 1.125L but I usually put two into about 4L for about a week or more giving it a good shake each day. When I put them in I break the oak sacks apart and put the oak chips and the "tea bag" in.

They cost $12.95 + P&H for a packet of two sacks and can be found online here - http://www.ozbrew.com/default.asp?menuI ... &zoom=1186

If anyone around Brisbane is intersted but wants to try before they buy, feel free to PM me and you can have a taste of mine..........you'll have to be quick though, for some reason it doesn't seem to last very long around here ;)

Cheers, Heffers
Heffers

equipment: 2.5" Pot Still for Stripping
2.5" Condensor Controlled - Neutral Producer
2.2kW 50L Keg

Return to Flavoring