bubblegum
fairy floss
musk stick
pashiona
lime
strawberry
mango
blackberry
These are dead simple to make just get yourself some Robinsons flavour essences (not the oil based ones ) you can get em from cake making or chock making suppliers will cost ya about 5 backs a bottle and will flavour about 5 bottles with it.
ead easy
rickyd

equipment: 2 x 50 litre keg boilers with 38 inch reflux towers running off a 1000 litre water tank
also a new ---old 80 litre carlton barrel beam and worm system in open barrel to rock it old school

Re: flavoured vodka

Postby mickiboi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Someone said to me why not use sodastream flavours?

Anyone tried this before?

Also some flavours contain Propylene Glycol and Sodium Benzoate. Pretty sure Propylene Glycol makes you grow extra heads and organs you don't need when ingested. Always check the ingredients of what your putting in your brews. I think I prefer the docs methods on this one.
mickiboi

equipment: Alex25

Postby Milky » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:15 pm

I also have 500ml of neutral soaking

some Mulberries (blackberries) with a little raspberry in it. Only for 2 days. Not sure on how much fruit I put in but there are more mulberries than raspberries. Took a sample out tonight & mixed with an equal amount of native sweetened water. Mixed this with lemonade & oh dear lord it's good! Missus is super impressed! When I do another neutral run I'll soak some more & take note of the amounts. Was only frozen berries too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MacStill on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed tapatalk shitty link thing
Milky

equipment: Bender The 4" Copper Bubbler
Bender The 50L Electric Keg Boiler (2 xoxo 2000w 5 Star Elements)
Pure Distilling 2 Inch Reflux Still with 30 Litre Electric Boiler (2000w)
Homemade Copper 2 Inch Pot Still Condenser to fit the 30 Litre Electric Boiler.

Postby timebomb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:14 pm

So i have been doing several of these with different citrus fruit over the last couple of weeks. A couple days after i added the stevia/water mix to my lemon one ive noticed a layer of oil on the top. The rest is cloudy yellow due to the large amount of oils but this clear yellow slick keeps forming on top. Would this be due to there being too much oils in the mix? I did use large fresh picked lemons, smells awesome.
timebomb

equipment: 2" boka, 2" keg pot, stove top pot

Postby the Doctor » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:56 am

timebomb wrote:So i have been doing several of these with different citrus fruit over the last couple of weeks. A couple days after i added the stevia/water mix to my lemon one ive noticed a layer of oil on the top. The rest is cloudy yellow due to the large amount of oils but this clear yellow slick keeps forming on top. Would this be due to there being too much oils in the mix? I did use large fresh picked lemons, smells awesome.

Timebomb I have occasionally had a slight citrus oil slick, I have generally attributed this to extracting the zest for too long. You could skim it or filter. But given that these are natural products and are delicious, I am not sure i would bother too much.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby Milky » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 pm

MacStill wrote:That really looks good Milky, well done mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks very much Mac!

Well, ripped this one out for the ladies pre-ANZAC Day and WHOA! went in about 40mins between 2! They loved it! Can't wait to do this with something as sweet as strawberries!

The types of vodka you could make is really endless! Think I'll do a kiwifruit one soon.
Last edited by Sam. on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted double post
Milky

Postby Milky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 pm

So I've been able to put some more tinctures down to try.

I put the following down tonight;

550ml 92ABV Neutral + 200g Coles Frozen Blackberries,
550ml 92ABV Neutral + 200g Coles Frozen Blueberries,
550ml 92ABV Neutral + 200g Coles Frozen Strawberries.

I plan on still using Docs method with the Natvia & water. But one question is do I still need to add some lemon juice to set the colour & stop it going bitter in the strawberry one like in the strawberry panty dropper recipie?

I will update how they go within the next week.

I have pictures but I'm on my mobile and can't upload them at the moment as they are over 1M. And the home Internet has decided to quit. Apparently it's happening to a lot of people.
Milky

Postby Milky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Alright. It's back up again.

For those of you interested, I used 200 grams of the following fruit. (Frozen weight)

20140619_184650.jpg

Blueberries;
20140619_184757.jpg

Blackberries;
20140619_184842.jpg

Strawberries;
20140619_184914.jpg

Lets hope they turn out as nice as the last ones I made.

20140619_184949.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milky

Postby dogbreath vodka » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Niiiiiice :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Awhile ago I found a Lillypilly bush with heaps of ripe fruit on it, decided to make some jam.

So what you ask?

Well the left over skins and seeds went into a jar with 60% neutral and the result was great.
Lillypilly skins and seeds.JPG

More of a brandy than a vodka... didn't last long though :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Sadly no photos of the vodka/brandy.
It was a bit astringent but that was what I liked about it.

You can make good hooch out of most anything. :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

DBV
dogbreath vodka

equipment: "Steampunk 2 - 6" Bubble cap
"Jimmy" the 4" Carter head

Postby 7evan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Milky wrote:Alright. It's back up again.

For those of you interested, I used 200 grams of the following fruit. (Frozen weight)

Lets hope they turn out as nice as the last ones I made.

20140619_184949.jpg

Great work Milky.
I reckon the missus would actually throw down a few of them, and she aint even a drinker!  
Might even make her open her legs for a change :drool: :dance: :laughing-rolling:
7evan

equipment: FSD/COPPER handmade crossbred bubbler!
Itailian Spiral Burner with HP Reg

Postby timboss » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Milky wrote:So I've been able to put some more tinctures down to try.

I put the following down tonight;

550ml 92ABV Neutral + 200g Coles Frozen Blackberries,
550ml 92ABV Neutral + 200g Coles Frozen Blueberries,
550ml 92ABV Neutral + 200g Coles Frozen Strawberries.

I plan on still using Docs method with the Natvia & water. But one question is do I still need to add some lemon juice to set the colour & stop it going bitter in the strawberry one like in the strawberry panty dropper recipie?

I will update how they go within the next week.

I have pictures but I'm on my mobile and can't upload them at the moment as they are over 1M. And the home Internet has decided to quit. Apparently it's happening to a lot of people.

How did this turn out Milky?
timboss

equipment: FSD 4" Neutralizer

Postby slodki » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 pm

IMG_0830.JPG

Tried out some new flavorings.

Strawberry

&

Honey (with honeycomb) and lemon

Strawberry sat there for a few days, turned a nice pink/light red colour. Had a little gathering on the Friday - went within 15 min. Great feedback. All I did was throw in the fresh strawberries and leave it for a few days with a good shake or 3 each day. Put it in the freezer to cool it up a bit, then down the hatch with shots. Will make a perfect summers drink on the rocks, or a nice ingredient in a cocktail. Warning - this one is dangerous. Eat the strawberries at your own risk :violin:

The Honey/Lemon is still sitting at about 2 week mark. Put in about 200ml of honey + honey comb + quartered a lemon (peeled the skin). Topped up to the 1L mark and gave it a good mix. Again a good shake or 3 each day. This ones gets better with age. TBH I think the strawberry would also do a little better with age. The honey one will turn out very nice though, nice mellow flavour/smell of honey.

Next I'm trying cherries, but I can't find any fresh ones!!!
slodki

equipment: FSD Neutralizer

Postby Blackened » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:55 am

Does anyone add citric acid to their citrus vodkas or liqueurs?

My Tangelo liqueur tastes pretty good but it's missing something. Seemed to me that it needed some zing, so I made up a 1% solution of citric acid in water and added it to some samples in various strengths. Very easy to overdo it FWIW. I liked it, my missus hated it!

Opinions?
Blackened

equipment: Assorted equipment for handling various base ingredients. Mashing setup for beer/whiskey. Pot still. CM column with temperature controlled coolant to control take-off rate.

Postby Urrazeb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:08 am

Blackened wrote:Does anyone add citric acid to their citrus vodkas or liqueurs?

My Tangelo liqueur tastes pretty good but it's missing something. Seemed to me that it needed some zing, so I made up a 1% solution of citric acid in water and added it to some samples in various strengths. Very easy to overdo it FWIW. I liked it, my missus hated it!

Opinions?

Nice.. Was it purely acidity you were chasing? Tangelo can be quite bitter and if this is what you were after I would add some zest and maybe even some pith to dry it out a tad
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:26 am

we did a small batch of vodka with black jelly beans soaked in it for a few days, it was a great blueish colour and tasted fantastic.... got a bottle going now with red jelly beans and it's not as nice but is still pretty good.

which reminds me I still need to put my lemon mash vodka recipe up, because that stuff is awesome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby spit'n'shine » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:19 am

MacStill wrote:we did a small batch of vodka with black jelly beans soaked in it for a few days, it was a great blueish colour and tasted fantastic.... got a bottle going now with red jelly beans and it's not as nice but is still pretty good.

which reminds me I still need to put my lemon mash vodka recipe up, because that stuff is awesome :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I'm waiting in anticipation Mac ;-)
spit'n'shine

equipment: 2" Boka , 2" Pot still , 4" 4 plate column blockhead "Angry Bob", 50l keg boiler (gas)

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:24 am

I'll get it done today mate, I've just got a few orders to pack this morning and I'll have a couple hours spare to write it up..... like most of my recipes it's a very simple one with great results :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Blackened » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Urrazeb wrote:Nice.. Was it purely acidity you were chasing? Tangelo can be quite bitter and if this is what you were after I would add some zest and maybe even some pith to dry it out a tad

Yeah just the acidity. I have not made a habit of using the acid though. I liked it, but at the same time, once the acid is added it tends to be too much like vodka and juice. Nice, but I don't want it in volume. Maybe I'll just add the odd pinch to the glass if I feel like it.

But hey, maybe you're right Urrazeb, maybe I should try some pith to give it a little character. Yet another experiment to try out.. :smile:
Blackened

equipment: Assorted equipment for handling various base ingredients. Mashing setup for beer/whiskey. Pot still. CM column with temperature controlled coolant to control take-off rate.

PreviousNext

Return to Flavoring