Mangos

All flavoring discussions go here.

Mangos

Postby newbiboozer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Anyone done anything successful steeping mangos in neutral.
newbiboozer

equipment: 4" modular plated column in very early stages.

Re: Mangos

Postby Darwin award » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:57 pm

newbiboozer wrote:Anyone done anything successful steeping mangos in neutral.

I've made mango wine, then distilled, that was about 7 years ago...I ran it through a still spirits reflux 8-}
Yeah, clever....I did make quite a few bottles of mango wine...that I rediscovered the other day..they're going into the still!
I also have a mango wash down ATM, tastes fantastic..ill still that when the bubbler arrives.. I'm yet to try infusing, but I will give it a go as I've got 50 something trees and you can only eat so many mangoes...I imagine you'd get a very cloudy product....I'm thinking of running it post infusion or putting some in a gin basket...so yeah, I'm pretty keen to hear what others have done with mango!
Darwin award
Site Donor

equipment: Reflux still 1x store bought 1x home made copper 1 x eBay pot still....1 FSD Neutralizer set up and happy in it's new home

Postby wiifm » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:55 am

I'm getting ready to do a mango wine for distilling in the near future.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't do a maceration in the same style as the 'g dropper' recipes here - skin and cube the mango, freeze, then soak in 60-65% neutral, add sugar to taste.
wiifm

equipment: 4 plate glasser using FSD bubble caps

Postby Darwin award » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:49 am

wiifm wrote:I'm getting ready to do a mango wine for distilling in the near future.

I'd love to hear how it goes!
Darwin award
Site Donor

equipment: Reflux still 1x store bought 1x home made copper 1 x eBay pot still....1 FSD Neutralizer set up and happy in it's new home

Postby andybear » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:43 pm

:text-+1: I'd really like to know more too. And how ripe are the mango's? Do you add sugar? Good luck......
andybear

equipment: T500 has been retired and the 4" glass bubbler, has been christened. With 50 litre inverted keg, two 2400watt elements, 100mm sight glass and 100mm column connection and 1/2" drain. And all resting on a hexagonal frame with lockable castor wheels.

Postby xcvator » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 pm

Darwin award wrote:you can only eat so many mangoes...

NO YOU CAN'T :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
xcvator

equipment: 2" MacBoka
2" Copper Pot still Head
50 Litre keg on a 16000 watt 4 ring gas burner

Postby stattonb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:38 pm

well had some mangoes left ova after Australia day....all i did was cut them up and shimmer them on the stove with some sugar,wacked it in a bottle with some 45% neutral and left it for a week while shaking it once a day,filtered thru cheese cloth and BANG taste awesome
stattonb

equipment: T500 - Minus the crappy plastic outlet pipe
2'' Pot Still Condenser

Return to Flavoring