Anisette/sambuca

All flavoring discussions go here.

Anisette/sambuca

Postby googe » Fri May 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Hey all, have been making this for a few years now and thought id share. Ive never tried the originak anisette liquor, but have always loved sambuca/galiarno etc. this is very morish and easy to go throigh a bottle lol.
My best advice is use a very good plant based essential oil, not cheap shit from woolies etc.

2 cups 40% neutral spirit.
7 drops aniseed essential oil
1 3/4 cups sugar syrup
1 tsp glycerin
If you don't like things to sweet just back off the sugar syrup to around a cup.
Put the oil into the spirit and give a good shake, mix into the sugar glycerin brew. Give it a few days, a week to infuse a bit.ive got some thats over 12 months old now and it slides down like heaven!.
googe

equipment: Single.plate cm

Re: Anisette/sambuca

Postby EziTasting » Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 am

Thank you! Been searching for a recipe like this...

I also like black Sambuca! Unfortunately I've run out of neutral :crying-blue:

The sugar syrup you mention, make that yourself or just the glucose syrup you can buy?!?
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Re: Anisette/sambuca

Postby googe » Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 am

Love the black stuff too ezitasting. One of my goals is to make it lol. Most people do 2 parts water to 1 part sugar for the syrup. This recipe is from a book my missus has, she's an aromatherapist. There recipe for sugar syrup is equal parts water sugar, so I followed that. It's sweet, but like I said, if you knock it back to 1 cup it's nice.
googe

equipment: Single.plate cm

Return to Flavoring