Chilli vodka

All flavoring discussions go here.

Chilli vodka

Postby maddowse » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Made a chilli vodka just for laughs . I cut a caroliner reaper chilli down the middle then let it soak in 1 litre for a month.

Filtered through coffee filter and it came out completely clear.

has to be the worse shot of vodka iv every had , instant burn that lasts 10 min + . Some would say a waste but I'm still getting mates wanting to try it to see if they can handle the heat.
maddowse

equipment: T-500 reflux still , voltage controller and a home made stainless pot still

Re: Chilli vodka

Postby CaptainRedBeard » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Jesus Christ :wtf:
Carolina reaper for a whole month! That's insanity haha!

Bet you can't taste much after 1 shot with no taste buds left :laughing-rolling:
CaptainRedBeard

equipment: 2" SS Column Reflux Keg Still
2" Copper Pot Still w shotgun condenser
Kelvinator Fridge Fermenter

Postby warramungas » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:35 pm

I made a chilli vodka once. Didn't like it so put it on the shelf. 15 years later I pulled it down and it had lost all its burn and tasted like some sort of whiskey????
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:44 pm

I make my own chilli vodka and yea it does seem to burn it's way down but drank the last of the bottle last weekend and no spare chillis to be found as SWMBO went and sold my stock to a mate. Anyway got the first flowers on the manzano chilli tree so hopefully not too long to wait to make more.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby maddowse » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Actually it does have a nice after taste , granted it takes 15 min to get the burn out of the way .
I nilly melted my face though when handling the chilli lol

It shouldn't loose the bite too quickly as iv left the chilli in the bottle so I know which one to avoid when I want something nice
maddowse

equipment: T-500 reflux still , voltage controller and a home made stainless pot still

Return to Flavoring