4" shotgun RC

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

4" shotgun RC

Postby crafty83 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi guys,
Can someone please post links to information on 4" shotgun RC builds?
Wanting to know what sizes - length, vapour tube sizes/numbers etc will suit my build.
Cheers
crafty83

equipment: Pot still, reflux still

Re: 4" shotgun RC

Postby A&O » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:07 am

I’m building a bubbler at the moment. My basic design is 4” modular, but what I have pieced together from the numerous builds I have read so far, my condenser is going to be 100mm high, with 7 3/4” internal tubes and a needle valve for water flow.

I was like you, I searched for the one answer with a how too. But it’s not there. I’m up to page 12 of 20 in the plated columns index and I’m learning not only works but also what people have tried the does, doesn’t work. But over time I have learnt even the size of the RC is getting smaller from R&D through trial and error. My design I’m going with seams to be reasonably common that’s tried and tested. But check out some builds, see what has worked for others but also what hasn’t. But in every thread I’ve read, I have learnt at least 1 thing new.

Good luck.

Here’s some photos of my work in progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A&O

equipment: 4" 7 foot Blockhead Column - 5 Plate + 500mm Packed section
50L Converted upside down keg

Postby Doubleuj » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:44 am

Have a look through these members bubbler builds for tips and inspiration 100mm is fine but personally I’d go a bit bigger next time, 160 or so.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby woodduck » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 am

Good on ya A&O :handgestures-thumbupleft: thats exactly why there isn't any bubbler "plans" it’s a personal thing and when your researching your learning all about how and why it works aswel as some trouble shooting. By the time you've built it you'll know how to run and maintain it too. There's nothing wrong with asking questions but we like to see that people have tried a bit of research first. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby crafty83 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks guys,
I have been doing a lot of reading and will continue to do so.
Very grateful for all the information on here!
crafty83

equipment: Pot still, reflux still

Return to Accessories