Needle valve for 2" Boka

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

Needle valve for 2" Boka

Postby Bastow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey peeps... I have started collecting and buying gear for my 2" boka build. I cut the plates and grooves on the weekend and got some tri clove clamps. The ferrules and gaskets are in the mail. I am getting quite keen to start the build. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I was at a job today and saw some 1/2" needle valves on a window sill. I asked the bloke where he got them and then one thing led to another and i was on my way to pick up a 3/8". All good!

$33 for the valve .
$5 each for the swageloc fittings, all with trade discount :dance:

Too easy.

needle valve.jpg

Cheers, Bastow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bastow

equipment: 2'' Boka on 50lt keg, using Boka head as potstill. Home made voltage controller.

Re: Needle valve for 2" Boka

Postby crow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:05 pm

$33 sounds pretty good ,mind if I ask where from ?
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Bastow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Valve link, Penrith, Sydney.

I don't know what the plebs price is but shurley can't be too much more than 20% more.

Cheers, Bast.
Bastow

equipment: 2'' Boka on 50lt keg, using Boka head as potstill. Home made voltage controller.

Postby MacStill » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I'd say you got a bargain right there, even the cheap shit brass ones are about that price... then the compression fittings on top of that

Swagelok valves are some of the highest priced here in Au, and if peeps can get them that cheap then I encourage you all to get them there :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby law-of-ohms » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm

my small 1/4" ball valve is so not good

not enough control
law-of-ohms

equipment: 50L Keg boiler, 3600W element. - Low wines to nice wines :)
90L (Big Bertha) 1.2M 3" Copper - too small... lol

Postby Bastow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:50 pm

They are not actually swageloc brand fittings but a replica. I just had a play and installed one on my output pipe and they are just as good.

If anyone wants one (needle valve with fittings) PM me and i am sure we can work something out.

I got the Data sheet on the needle and it was made in Mumbai, has a teflon shaft gasket and only stainless touches the product. I can't wait to use it.

2" inch Boka build with pic's to follow on new post.

Cheers, Bastow
Bastow

Return to Accessories