Condensers

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

Condensers

Postby crow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:01 pm

I thought I'd start a thread For ppl to post designs pictures and and photos of different condenser ideas I know there's a thread here called Liebigs trouble is there's not one liebig condenser posted in it making it pretty confusing .
A standard Liebig condenser has a straight vapor path flowing through a coolant jacket and is so named because its use was made popular by a German chemist , Justus Baron Von Liebig , it was invented long before it had that name by another German chemist Christian Ehrenfried Weigel . My picture is simply a copy of a glass laboratory used condenser called a Davies condenser Not an inside out laburg or whatever
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: Condensers

Postby MacStill » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:05 pm

I guess liebig sounds better than adjusting your Weigel :))

ok I'll shut up now :roll:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby crow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 pm

McStill wrote: adjusting your Weigel :))

:laughing-rolling:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby stilly_bugger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:22 am

stilly_bugger

equipment: simple pot with worm on an electric boiler.

Postby googe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 am

The Milker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Postby crow » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm

umm yep would work but if ya wanted 4 times the condensing ability of one of those lines in the same short distance why wouldn't ya make ya vapor line 4 times as long and then coil it around "Graham condenser " or put all those lines in one jacket "shot gun"
crow

Postby crow » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:40 pm

this is a link to laboratory versions of some of the condensers we would normally see in alcohol distillation
go to condensers(laboratory) and click
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... n3eFawUYiw
Last edited by crow on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fist link wouldn't work, dagnabit
crow

Return to Accessories