My threesome

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

My threesome

Postby googe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:18 am

Hey all, i've started building my condensor :-| , its been alot of thinking and scratching and throwing and smiling. Im very proud of what i've achieved and i have this site and all your help to thank for it, im totally obsessed and love every minute of it! :). Its really brought my brain to life and got me out of the every day humdrum of boring life!. Anywho...tea spoon of cement... I've done a reverse standard liebig with a half twist...dam late night olympics!. Its 1/2' water inlet, 1' vapor inlet and 1.5' outer water jacket. I've designed it so the water outlets face the same way to keep it tidy. I also designed the inlets and outlets to kind of act like a crosslow effect, fast inlet coming in the centre going to slow outlet centre and slow inlet for the outer jacket going to a fast outlet, bloody hell hope i got that right :shock: :)) I had a bit of trouble with the outlet causing smearing, but the kind folk here steared me in the right direction and think ive got that sorted, filling one hole with solder, refer pic. I will finish it this weekend and post more piccies. Just want to say thanks heaps to all, what a great site!, its been a massive learning curve!. Any feed back would be great.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Re: My threesome

Postby googe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:38 pm

All done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Postby Frank » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Good for you Googe :clap:
(I've NFI if it'll work but still think its a good thing you are trying it) have you got a more 'standard' liebig or whatever for still run comparison???
Frank

Postby googe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks Frank, yeah ive got a worm to compair with. Will do some sort of run tomorrow and find out :handgestures-thumbupleft: .
googe

Postby Chocaholic » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm

That's a nice bit of apparatus there googe, you should be proud :handgestures-thumbupleft:

At least you're willing to build something a different way and comparing it too. Hell, I think building stuff is the best part of the whole process :))
Chocaholic

equipment: Amphora Society PDA-1

Postby MacStill » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Well done googe, it's a beauty :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Kimbo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Well done mate, :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Please keep us posted on how it goes ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby googe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks fella's :), very true Chocoholic!, i love stuffing around with this stuff, best fun ive had in years!. Havnt even done a proper run yet cause ive been to busy thinking and playng :)) . Will do kimbo. Im gunna do a run maybe tomorrow but def monday, my tom wash is not quite ready, its down to 1002 and not cleared at all, should i run it?, dont really want to yet but the only other choice i have is throwing a lager through it that i have sitting here. Any ideas?.
googe

Postby Kimbo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm

googe wrote:Any ideas?.

Just b patent mate and let it clear and dont distill your beer ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby googe » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:03 pm

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :crying-blue: :laughing-rolling: . This fucking distilling game is doing my head in!, i want to play! haha. Why not run the beer?.
googe

Postby emptyglass » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:07 pm

You sound real itchy.

All dressed up and nowhere to go....

If you want, you could run some box wine or any other stuff you can get your hands on (except beer), untill your wash clears.
Sounds like you need to run more fermenters.

Idle hands are tools of the devil!

Beer will stink things up in your still. Bad beer funk.
emptyglass

Postby Gr8brewer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Here is a pic of my threesome next to my 3" shotgun the triplets knocked down every bit of 5500w I threw at the bitches stripping even on a double stripping run when my glycol barrel was hot

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Gr8brewer

equipment: 2" x 60 " VM. 2" potstill. Electric Power. 4" trays. On the way

Postby Gas on » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Good shit googe! nice work :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Gas on

equipment: baked beans & rum

arfa 5 star bubbler

Postby googe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:00 am

Itchy is an understatment WineGlass lol. Your right about running more fermenters, ive got 4 here, ones got beer in it im to lazy to bottle, the others are dirty and havnt got arond to cleaning yet!. Think i ll spend my wekend putting some washes down since i cant run anything worth it yet. Nice Gr8brewer, how yours operate inside?. Thanks Gas on :handgestures-thumbupleft: .
googe

Postby Gr8brewer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:20 am

Built it just like this guy's, http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =16&t=8448, he hasn't been on there for 2 years

I'm gonna try it on my 5 tray bubble cap in near future see what she does.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Gr8brewer

equipment: 2" x 60 " VM. 2" potstill. Electric Power. 4" trays. On the way

Postby Modernity » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Excellent bling mate! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Modernity

equipment: I am currently refurbishing a 150 ltr mush tun.
Currently building a 150 ltr oil heated pot still, with 8" copper column.

Postby googe » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Hope it works good for you Gr8brewer :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Thanks Modernity.
I had major issue on the weekend, tested it after i made it and there were no leaks, tested it again the next day and it was like a shower rose!. Tried fixing the leaks and one thing led to another and i had a massive mess of burnt pipe and solder and bent fittings, to say the least i was devistated!! :angry-banghead: . I tried pulling most of it apart and starting again but no solder would stick anywhere no matter how well i cleaned it, i dont know what was going on?. I think i may have been burning the flux on one join when i was trying to solder another close to it. In the end i scraped it and just built a standard one. I think ive learnt something major with this build, dont think outside your limits and leave the hard shit to smart people!.
googe

Postby Modernity » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Nothing like a 24 hour wait for the flux holes in your solder joins to raise the little bloody pin heads and piss on your shoes :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Been there done that :crying-blue: :crying-blue: :crying-blue:
Modernity

equipment: I am currently refurbishing a 150 ltr mush tun.
Currently building a 150 ltr oil heated pot still, with 8" copper column.

Return to Accessories