State of art water cooler

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

State of art water cooler

Postby googe » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

Just built this world class water cooler :laughing-rolling: . Inspiration came from the old water cooler bag we used to have hanging off the front bumper of our HQ wagon when I was a kid.

Parts list
hessian
1/2' scrap copper tube
Zipties

Slots cut into tube for coolent flow. Was going to run the base into a piece of pvc tube cut in half but had an after though and will cut a slot into the 44 and have the base immeresed in the water. Thankyou for viewing.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Re: State of art water cooler

Postby Camikaze » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:24 am

I love the way you think outside the box mate. Thats awesome. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby blond.chap » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 am

Nice one mate, you could think about putting a fan behind it to get a bit of convection going.
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Postby unsub » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:44 am

There's a mob online trying to sell basically the same thing aimed at this market for about $130.
unsub

equipment: 4" 5 Plate Column

Postby blond.chap » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 am

How much are you selling yours for Googe? $100? Bargain
blond.chap

equipment: Paris Stillton (4" perforated bubbler)

Postby Sam. » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 am

Should help a bit, good work :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Have you taken any before and after temps? Would be interesting to see how much it actually cools the water during a run :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby googe » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks cam :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Yeah was gunna Try that if it doesn't work blondy. $100, bargain :laughing-rolling: Bloody hell un sub, everybody trying to screw everyone these days!!. You got a link for it?. Cheers Sam, will give it a run this weekend and report back.
googe

Postby unsub » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm

It's at the bottom of the ultra pure manual on this page: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/35252956/Th ... 0104873543 and I was mistaken, it wasn't actually $130 it was $260 :o Admittedly it does come with a $2 desk fan and a $5 pond pump :roll:
unsub

equipment: 4" 5 Plate Column

Postby DrunkASAskunk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Very nice similar designes where used 100 od years ago on old stationary motors.
I was thinking of making something like that on my build. Just for the authenticity of the build

10 out of 10 from me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
DrunkASAskunk

equipment: what i the diff

Postby 1 2many » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Googe they recon 34 deg sat and 31 sunday plus the hummidity from your cooler will make it very uncomfortable in your
garage ,maybe do a late night shine run ;-)
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Cane Toad » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Used to have a similar setup on a property I was running in western NSW.The old cottage had shade cloth all the way around the Veranda and had micro sprays around the top,pretty simple setup,hot day,turn on water,slightest breeze and it was like a fridge on the porch :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Didn't need aircon,the way the old cottage was designed,all you did was open all the doors and windows on the eastern and western sides and you had great flow through air con :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby googe » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Thats crazy unsub, what a joke lol. Yeah I'm undecided on doing a run this weekend 12many!, I'm over this fucken heat here!!, I'm working in it tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday, 37c that will be wonderful :angry-banghead: :laughing-rolling: . Thanks drunk as, yeah the theory has been around a long time hey :handgestures-thumbupleft: , good luck with yours. Our neighbours had a similar setup on the place when I was living in blackall in west QLD, its an awesome system! !. doesn't work to good in humid weather though,
googe

Postby Jonno » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:39 pm

i REALLY wish i had a shed so i could do alot of these things!!!! Atm i just still under me patio lol

Gonna be buying a new house in the next 12-18 months and i'm makin sure i've got me a 12x12 shed for brewing purposes! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Jonno

Postby emptyglass » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Well done mate!
emptyglass

Postby Kimbo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:00 pm

:clap: :clap: Brilliant Googe...... The Ol' Coolgardie safe trick :happy-partydance:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby googe » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Every man needs a shed jonno, I couldn't live without one, i had a place once that didn't have one so I cut some logs and nailed some tin on, dirt floor didn't matter it was a shed :D . Thanks empty. Thanks kimbo, bloody hell havnt heard that name for a long time, there worth shit loads now!.
googe

Postby Gas on » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:05 am

Good shit googe!

[quote="Jonno"]i REALLY wish i had a shed so i could do alot of these things!!!! Atm i just still under me patio

Hey jonno, Ive built all my gear on a glass top outdoor setting & a set of saw horses under me patio. Can be done :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Gas on

equipment: baked beans & rum

arfa 5 star bubbler

Postby 1 2many » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Well mate have you got any info on how your water cooler went .I recon if you did it on one of those hot days a while back it would have avaporated a fair bit of your coolant drum . :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby googe » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Haha, you recon your as bad as a woman ;-) , it's cooled down now so I thought I might not need it now, plus I've just moved the tank outside so I'm thinking the.extra hose length might cool it down as well. I'm trying to get shit around the yard done so I can do a.bloody run to try things :angry-banghead: .
googe

Postby arjovenzia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 am

Murphy's 37th law says 'post a Q, *then* you'll find the relevant thread'

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3556&p=56772

I'm keen to know, how'd this contraption go, anyone else tried along these lines?
arjovenzia

equipment: ~8L stockpot W. Lock
~40cm Lyne
~40cm 'long path' leibig
Active Evaporative cooling tower

Next

Return to Accessories