water tank

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

water tank

Postby onmeth » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Hey guys now I dont have pay for mains water every week now i got a brand new 1000 litre tank. Thanx to my boss now all I need is a pump. :D I hope the pic works first time posting .

watank.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onmeth

equipment: Would love a big ass pot still.....

Re: water tank

Postby googe » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Wish my boss would do something like that! , good score mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
googe

Postby DrunkASAskunk » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Lucky bugger :handgestures-thumbupleft:
DrunkASAskunk

equipment: what i the diff

Postby MacStill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Perfect, a few of us use those, however the work better sitting on the metal base :teasing-tease:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby DrunkASAskunk » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:16 pm

I brought 5 of em a year or so ago and they where 100 clams each
DrunkASAskunk

equipment: what i the diff

Postby MacStill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Quite a few of us are using these pumps from Bunnings :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby onmeth » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanx for pump details I will grab one this week. Anyone know what i should rince the tank out with before use ???
Thanx
onmeth

Postby Distillnation » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm

onmeth wrote:Thanx for pump details i wrab one this week. Anyone know what i should rince the tank out before use ???
Thanx

What was stored in it previously? If you're just using it as a recirculation tank for the condenser, a rise with warm/hot water to get rid of any residue might be good, but that also depends on what else was in it. The submersible pumps can filter particles up to a certain size (in mm) which varies on the pump type (clean water, dirty, etc).

Nothing better than being able to use recycled water. Makes your final product that much cheaper to produce 8-)
Distillnation

equipment: L.M Frankenstill + 50L (weldless) electric boiler

Postby JayD » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:41 pm

onmeth wrote:Thanx for pump details I will grab one this week. Anyone know what i should rince the tank out with before use ???
Thanx

If you know what the container held originally then you will need a cleaning agent that will return it to a solution to wash it out...once its been washed then simply rinse thoroughly with water. On my keg a couple dishwasher tablets done a great job.
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby onmeth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanx guys for your input .The tank is brand new was just going clean it out just incase manufacture dust and crap. Took your advice but used dish washer tabs x2. And final rince.
onmeth

Postby 1 2many » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Just make sure of where you put it down , once its full thats where it will stay. Unless you have a smooth floor and pallet jack. ;-)
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby JayD » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 pm

onmeth wrote:Thanx guys for your input .The tank is brand new was just going clean it out just incase manufacture dust and crap. Took your advice but used dish washer tabs x2. And final rince.

Your welcome...but I must admit another member suggested the dishwasher tablets to me many months ago, if you use them to clean your keg out it does slightly pressurise the keg.
J :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Return to Accessories