Water Connections Help

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

Re: Water Connections Help

Postby stretch69 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Smudge wrote:If you need connectors that seal better than garden-variety hose hardware but can still be disconnected without tools try Camlock Fittings. You may still need some hose clamps but you won't need to keep undoing them.

They come in polypropolene, aluminium and stainless steel.

I've been thinking about using camlocks for a while after seeing them at beer belly. It just gets expensive quickly with all the fittings, in saying that i didn't realise you could get plastic ones so that would make it a lot cheaper.
I mainly wanna use the fittings for connecting my pump n stuff
stretch69

equipment: 4" 4 plate FSD Bubbler!
50l Boiler

Postby woodduck » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey stretch, try paramount browns down caven road they sometimes have cheap poly camlocks. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Only thing is I'm not sure how small you can get camlocks, i think 3/4 is the smallest.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby RefluxEd » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm

stretch69 wrote: ...It just gets expensive quickly with all the fittings, in saying that i didn't realise you could get plastic ones so that would make it a lot cheaper.
I mainly wanna use the fittings for connecting my pump n stuff

I have found the plastic ones are more expensive than the diecast aluminium ones wether bought at Purple Pig or Aquatrad.
The plastic are easier to use and don't corrode, so probably the better option. You can get them down to 1/2 inch.
RefluxEd

equipment: 2 inch BOKA/LM/VM over 8 4x3x4 inch bubble plates + 1 bubble plate under a 4 inch section under the dephlagmator (RC).
2 inch Pot still.
2 inch to 4 inch Gin head.
2x 1.2 mtre Leibig condensors.
2 inch x 800 mm shotgun condenser.

Postby stretch69 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks wooduck,i
I know beerbelly have 1/2 inch ss camlock fittings.
I think when i first looked at it all i was intending on getting in to all grain beer but now i just wanna focus on distilling so i prob won't need too many fittings now :handgestures-thumbupleft:
stretch69

equipment: 4" 4 plate FSD Bubbler!
50l Boiler

Previous

Return to Accessories