The "Ducks Nuts"

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

Re: The "Ducks Nuts"

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:32 pm

omg that is super impressive mate!
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby 1 2many » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:03 pm

:o Mate... :clap: :clap: :clap:

That is insane, and it works :music-deathmetal:

The pic with your rig looks friggin awesome best glasser eye candy out there. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Muppet » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:29 am

Lovely work Woody!
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby woodduck » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks alot for your kind words guys, it's encouragement like that that keeps me keen to build new things.

WTDist wrote:2160p video? are you using a new ultra HD cameras Ive heard about?

Sorry got no idea what that is? i took the vid with my Samsung tablet and it was fine but as soon as i uploaded it to youtube it went to crap.

sorry i haven't put any more picks up yet, my mate called round and we ended up going camping so I've had no service till now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby woodduck » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:48 am

Here's the next lot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby woodduck » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:56 am

A few more
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby woodduck » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:02 pm

hillzabilly wrote:I would have thought that the reflux from the first normal bubble plate would have ta be split into three otherwise two of ya thumpers would run lower ,cheers hillzabilly

Sorry mate missed this one.

This is a problem but not too bad. this is one of the twecks that need doing. my temporary fix has been to hang some ss scrubber off the 1st plate above the thumper down commer to direct the flow to the middle to try even them up. I plan to make a new down commer that will split the stream 3 ways and direct it right into each thumper.

I've done a few runs now and are still trying to work out the best way to run this thing. At this stage I'm trying to stay as close as possible to mac's thumper run strategy Which seems to be working quite well. The only thing is i need to "recharge" the thumper part way through cause the thumper doesn't hold quite enough. I have however got my output upto 5ltrs per hour at 92% during the hearts. So my runs are now down to 2hrs for a 50ltr wash :happy-partydance:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby rumdidlydum » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:26 pm

I have however got my output upto 5ltrs per hour at 92% during the hearts. So my runs are now down to 2hrs for a 50ltr wash 

I'm jellous. U might have to get a patient on it..
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby wiifm » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:30 pm

woodduck wrote:
hillzabilly wrote:I would have thought that the reflux from the first normal bubble plate would have ta be split into three otherwise two of ya thumpers would run lower ,cheers hillzabilly

This is a problem but not too bad. this is one of the twecks that need doing. my temporary fix has been to hang some ss scrubber off the 1st plate above the thumper down commer to direct the flow to the middle to try even them up. I plan to make a new down commer that will split the stream 3 ways and direct it right into each thumper.

I've done a few runs now and are still trying to work out the best way to run this thing. At this stage I'm trying to stay as close as possible to mac's thumper run strategy Which seems to be working quite well. The only thing is i need to "recharge" the thumper part way through cause the thumper doesn't hold quite enough. I have however got my output upto 5ltrs per hour at 92% during the hearts. So my runs are now down to 2hrs for a 50ltr wash :happy-partydance:

What about a tube going from a hole in the bottom of each thumper connecting to each other? Liquids height would be identical no matter where the reflux falls.
wiifm

equipment: 4 plate glasser using FSD bubble caps

Postby tipsy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:32 pm

:shock:

:clap: nothin I can say that hasn't been said
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby woodduck » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Good idea wiifm, i might give that one a go.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby Misfit_brewing » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 am

:scared-eek: this is so pretty amazing work love the video
Misfit_brewing

equipment: Looking at a 50l keg pot still

Postby hillzabilly » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:32 pm

wiifm wrote:
woodduck wrote:

What about a tube going from a hole in the bottom of each thumper connecting to each other? Liquids height would be identical no matter where the reflux falls.

:text-+1: A balance tube sounds like a good idear,here's hopeing she hit's the ton .cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby benpandaae86 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:31 pm

A equalizer tube
benpandaae86

equipment: 50l keg boiler 3600w element power controler
Reflux with extension tower with adaptor for keg
2" SS pot still modified leibig condenser
next mission building the next one (probably a 4" bubbler)

Postby MacStill » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:12 pm

wiifm wrote:
MacStill wrote:... eerrrr you duck has 3 nuts 8-} :))

time to change his user name to threenuts :laughing-rolling:

I was thinking along the lines of ET. :think:

:))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Shoot a good you tube clip and call it a Flux Capacitor then watch the clip go viral...... :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby woodduck » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 pm

I had a bit of time over the weekend to do a bit of still maintenance so I got on to the thumper mods. I reduced the gap in one of the caps to get the vapour flow evened up aswell as making an equalizing tube between the three plates. It seems to have gone ok but i haven't trialed it yet, some time this week hopefully.

I've found that I have to run it fairly hard to keep everything even and I'm wondering if this is affecting my product so hopefully this will allow me to calm things down a bit and get the quality back up while keeping the speed up aswell :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby strongy12 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:52 am

one word.......... WOW
strongy12

equipment: 4 inch bubbler

Previous

Return to Accessories