T500 Adapter

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

T500 Adapter

Postby WTDist » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 am

Looking to get some info on the T500 adapters.

I understand they screw on with the existing nut but im wondering how they seal. Not a fan of the old o-ring i had before i soldered mine up as mine worked/sealed when it wanted to and not other times. Prob had a dodgy one. Ill heat it up and get all the solder out of mine for the adapter to fit if it seems like the best option. Got a pinhole leak in my solder i couldnt fix so i might heat it up and collect all the solder out of it and use the adapter instead. Prob about $10 worth of solder in it i can reclaim :shifty:

Anyway im wondering if someone can tell me or show me a pic of how they seal.
thinking i may need to order one but I just want to know everything first. Do they use a silicon seal and screw tight over this?

Thanks in advance
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Re: T500 Adapter

Postby bluc » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:57 am

Heres a couple pics,

Excuse the crud did some mac whiskey yesterday. Personally not a fan of the setup I feel you would get a better seal if the externally threaded ferrule and nut were on outside, then the thread on the internally threaded ferrule went full length the proper sealing face of the inside ferule could seal against the underside of the lid getting a better seal imo. Thinking of taking to a machine workshop to get thread extended so I can do just that...
Last edited by 1 2many on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby WTDist » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Cheers bluc. Just got the go ahead from the missus to get one :))

Just started explaining what it was and what it does and before i finished i was told stop, just get it i dont want to know about it :laughing-rolling:

Glad, i need it. Did a single run last night with extra 700ml of fients (3.7L total collection) and only got 2.9L at the end of the run. need to sort this small leak out... and my controller socket 8-}

the soft solder has not worked as a i planed so ill heat it up and collect it from my lid. about 8 bucks of solder worth :shock:
WTDist

Postby bluc » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:36 am

You got 2.9l from 3.7l low wines?
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby WTDist » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:41 am

single run of a 28L (CFW gen4 as neutral) wash with 5kg sugar in it which should have been 3L with fores from the 5kg, then i added about 700ml of feints at 90% from last run.

cant do high ABV washes until i get my controller finished so its low ABV until then.

should have at least collected 3.5-3.7L with the wasn and feints but it was nowhere near and my hearts cut was small also.
WTDist

Return to Accessories