Pintoshine Fast Ferment Molasses Wash Recipe Discussion

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Pintoshine Fast Ferment Molasses Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Everyone,
gunna put down a molasses wash this arvo,but don't know which one to do,Pintoshine's or McStills Hook Rum,Better still I should do them BOTH.Any tips or cautions?????
I was very happy with both my runs last weekend,McStill's Bubbler worked a treat! and would recommend them to anyone,easy to use even for a newbie like me.I have 120l of 2nd generation fermenting as we speak and can't wait to give the new 160l boiler a run on the weekend.
After sundays run we sampled some of saturdays efforts,as they had been aged for a while :lol: and was quite surprised at the taste (and the desired effect) :lol: :lol: :lol: How fucking good is it gunna be when I get through to the 5th generation :o
Again,thanks Mcstill,you are a craftsman and a legend :lol:

This thread has been started for any one wishing to discuss the making of Pintoshine’s Fast Ferment Molasses Wash. The original Tried and Proven recipe can be found in the Tried and Proven section of the forum or by clicking HERE
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Re: Pintoshine Fast ferment molasses wash

Postby MacStill » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:38 am

I've tried doing pints fast ferment a couple of times now, it turns out very nice.

Hook rum is also a winner, it just takes longer to ferment.

Do both :D
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: Pintoshine Fast ferment molasses wash

Postby SBB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Did a quick conversion on this recipe. Pretty sure its right.
6.5 Gal rain water = 24.60L
3 Gal Molasses = 11.35L
1 Gal water = 3.78 L
DAP 1 teaspoon per 3.78L
2.3 Gal @ 100 proof = 8.7L @ 50 % ABV
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Re: Pintoshine Fast Ferment Molasses Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby RumFiend » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:09 pm

1 tsp of DAP per gal is approximately 1g per liter - does that seem excessive?
RumFiend

equipment: idea reflux.
common-sense condenser.

SS plated bubbler

Re: Pintoshine Fast Ferment Molasses Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby MacStill » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:24 pm

RumFiend wrote:1 tsp of DAP per gal is approximately 1g per liter - does that seem excessive?

Nope, I dont really weigh mine just throw a few big spoon fulls in with my 190L ferments :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Recipe Development