Chilli infusion

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Chilli infusion

Postby EziTasting » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 am

bluc wrote:Yep gives it a nice flavour. Going to make some with no chilli also..

Interesting! just buy them from Coles (or the like) and then steep them??
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby bluc » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 am

Yep i bought raw shelled ones. Broke them up then toasted them. Then added them to a litre of rum. I reakon 10 days would be perfect..
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Doubleuj » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:44 am

You've got me all inspired bluc :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Just went out and bought hazelnuts and a bunch of other things to macerate.
Going to try a frangelico, a watermelon vodka, skittle vodka and finish my blue Curacao
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby bluc » Fri May 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Found the remains of the chilli rum in back of cupboard lots sediment so poured through a coffee filter.
Got 100mls at 65% left poured myself one :scared-eek: lots of hazlenut very little chilli bite but plenty chilli flavour. Big thumbs up will be making another bottle and stashing it for a good year. This time I reakon I will make 2l :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Time really smoothed out the flavour tamed the chilli and took care of the slight off taste from leaving the hazlenut in to long. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby EziTasting » Sat May 12, 2018 8:27 am

bluc wrote:Found the remains of the chilli rum in back of cupboard lots sediment so poured through a coffee filter.
Got 100mls at 65% left poured myself one :scared-eek: lots of hazlenut very little chilli bite but plenty chilli flavour. Big thumbs up will be making another bottle and stashing it for a good year. This time I reakon I will make 2l :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Time really smoothed out the flavour tamed the chilli and took care of the slight off taste from leaving the hazlenut in to long. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Wow, had a sort of date night with SWMBO and had a Hazelnut Cappuccino without the sugar, and I really enjoyed that! So this, with the Hazelnuts, is something i'd be interested in having a go at!
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Previous

Return to Recipe Development