Espresso laced rum

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Espresso laced rum

Postby bayshine » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Just thought I'd throw this recipe up as its my new favourite liquor and all friends are loving it as well :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Much like the vodka one but tweeked to my tastes and with oaked Mc rum and I'm sure many of you have your own version anyway :-B

For a 700ml bottle:
250ml of espresso shots
350ml Mc rum @ 65%
200 grams of raw sugar
A couple of drops of vanilla extract

I pump espresso into a jug and throw in the sugar and stir to dissolve then throw into a clean bottle with the rum and vanilla and top it up with some cold water :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You can let this age a bit and then filter but I just throw it in the freezer and drink it neat with a block of ice.
I must have made about twenty bottles of this over the Easter holidays with heaps of friends and every bottle has got smashed within an hour or two and it really gets the party started :laughing-rolling:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Re: Espresso laced rum

Postby Plumby » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Sounds nice, would be a very nice drop around the campfire especially in winter.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby copperhead road » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Plumby wrote:Sounds nice, would be a very nice drop around the campfire especially in winter.

Or ever a breakfast coffee on a camping trip ! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Postby Plumby » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Could even replace the stones green ginger wine.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby copperhead road » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Plumby wrote:Could even replace the stones green ginger wine.

That old chestnut was such an old school favourite in the frosty winter hay buddy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
copperhead road

equipment: Full industrial grade copper 25 gallon short can 4" pot with 10 gallon expansion chamber and gin basket, 3" Gatlon gun condenser (gas flame)

Postby Plumby » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Definitely, 3 or 4 set lines, a six pack of beer and bottle of Stones Green Ginger Wine = a good winters night fishing.
Plumby

Postby bayshine » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:33 pm

Plumby wrote:Definitely, 3 or 4 set lines, a six pack of beer and bottle of Stones Green Ginger Wine = a good winters night fishing.

Us Kingaroy boys would winter fish with 1part bundy rum 2parts stones :teasing-tease:
That would warm ya cockles :laughing-rolling:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby Bumper » Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 pm

bayshine wrote:Just thought I'd throw this recipe up as its my new favourite liquor and all friends are loving it as well :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Much like the vodka one but tweeked to my tastes and with oaked Mc rum and I'm sure many of you have your own version anyway :-B

For a 700ml bottle:
250ml of espresso shots
350ml Mc rum @ 65%
200 grams of raw sugar
A couple of drops of vanilla extract

I pump espresso into a jug and throw in the sugar and stir to dissolve then throw into a clean bottle with the rum and vanilla and top it up with some cold water :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You can let this age a bit and then filter but I just throw it in the freezer and drink it neat with a block of ice.
I must have made about twenty bottles of this over the Easter holidays with heaps of friends and every bottle has got smashed within an hour or two and it really gets the party started :laughing-rolling:

Just made some of these with some Mac rum aged on french oak for 6 months. Awesome recipe, absolutely delicious. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bumper

equipment: ------

Return to Recipe Development