Quick and Easy Cream Liqueurs

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Quick and Easy Cream Liqueurs

Postby Carol » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:18 pm

A friend had a bottle of Bailey's Salted Caramel Cream over Christmas. It seems to have been a limited edition and she asked if I could try to recreate it. I haven't entirely succeeded in that but some of my experiments have been a hit with the taste testers. (There is no shortage of volunteers who are willing to try my concoctions!)
Essentially I used milkshake syrup/ice cream topping, "neutral" and long life cream. So one bottle of Hershey's caramel syrup ( about 600ml) mixed with 500ml neutral (40%) and 400 ml ( 2 cartons) of long life cream. A similar version with Hershey's Chocolate Topping was also popular. Best made a few days before you want to drink it. Quantities can be altered to suit personal preferences and whatever syrup or topping or cream you happen to have. I cannot comment on how long it might keep as it all disappeared very quickly.
Carol
Mentor

equipment: Still Spirits Air Still
FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)
FSD 2" pot still ( aka Natasha)

Re: Quick and Easy Cream Liqueurs

Postby The Stig » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 pm

So your down to about 10% alcohol :crying-blue:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RC Al » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:32 pm

You can back off the toppings a bit and add sugar to taste, neutral is the tofu of the spirits world, a hbs flavor bottle is only 50ml for 1-3 bottles, try some cocoa powder, condensed caramel and chocolate (aldi) are an option too, that's the great thing about this hobby, it's not dissimilar to cooking and the near infinite variations possible as well as the "cheats" you can use
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby Carol » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:00 am

Yes - low in alcohol, high in sugar and fat. That is probably why my taste testers (who are of mature years and tell me they are not "big drinkers") love it. You can always play around with quantities if you want something with more punch. I am currently working on another version that uses caramel made from condensed milk ( this was done in a slow cooker) but that is not quite ready for taste testing yet.
As I only have an air still (at least for now!!) I cannot really make very "neutral"" spirit so the sweetness of the syrup tends to mask any taste in the spirit.
Carol
Mentor

FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:14 am

Has anyone ever have one of these last more then a couple of days before the bottles are empty .
wynnum1

Postby darkives » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks mate, looking forward to trying some of these out.
How long do they generally last, couple weeks ?
darkives

equipment: Puredistilling VM condenser & boiler
4″ FSD Neutralizer/100L boiler

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:30 am

Hi darkives
I would guess that they would last a couple of weeks without a problem. My taste testers went through the samples pretty quickly though and were happy to try some more.
Carol
Carol
Mentor

FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)

Postby The Dark Alchemist » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:44 am

I made Aussie Cream; last batch was made in Jan and has been in the fridge since and still very drinkable..... In fact, I'm surprised it's still there........
The Dark Alchemist

equipment: FSD 200L Milk Can
FSD 4" Pot Still
FSD Neutraliser
Copper T-500

Postby darkives » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Carol, those taste testers can be quite demanding

Thanks TDA, 3-4 months is fantastic, I'm going to need a bigger bar fridge or more taste testers.

Guess I'll be shopping for ingredients tomorrow...
darkives

equipment: Puredistilling VM condenser & boiler
4″ FSD Neutralizer/100L boiler

Return to Recipe Development