What to use this malt with

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

What to use this malt with

Postby mattyb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi Guys

I was at the shop and found the below malt. I am more a rum drinker but tried the CFW and liked that. Sooo I have some weatbix, cornflakes, as much barley seed as I like. Any recommendations on what to use for my next wash. About 30L. Oh and heaps of brown and white sugar.

malt.jpg

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mattyb

equipment: 4" Glasser

Re: What to use this malt with

Postby Cheersbigears » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:19 pm

You can use it in any of them recipes and more, with grain as well. In the washes for whisky the light or dark doesn't matter has the same taste. The only difference is when used for beer for the colour. So just use which is the the cheapest most times its the light malt. Most times its equal to about 3/4 kg of sugar and dont add any nutrients has plenty in it.
Last edited by Cheersbigears on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheersbigears

equipment: Built up to a FSD 4" Eliminator and a homemade boiler

Re: What to use this malt with

Postby mattyb » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. I ended up throwing half of it in with some weetbix cornflakes and white sugar. See how it turns out, should be running it on Sunday.
mattyb

equipment: 4" Glasser

Return to Recipe Development